Monday, May 20, 2013

CANNES!! Days 5-6!

Our Lady of Glamour returns! AISHWARYA RAI IS BACK! Rocking an classic, hour glass, Mad Men style that I highly approve of.

You keep on, keeping on, Aishwarya! Kick those Size Zero Nazis to the curb.

*air kiss*

The Bombay Talkies crew. I wonder if Zoya got called out on the Ma vie en rose similarities...

Irrfan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and the cast of Lunchbox. What is UP with Irrfan's hair? Dude, control that rug. It's out of control these days.

The moment we've all been waiting for...

Mallika Sherawat with Prince Albert!! Via her twitter feed. What a creepster that guy is.

The dress is kind of bland... I don't know. I expect less subdued glam and more posing with snakes and see-through knickers from our Mallika. *yawn*

A snap from Sonam's instagram of her chatting with Julianne Moore. My best guess at what they're saying:

JM: So you're a model?

SK: My dad is the Slumdog Millionaire guy.

JM: Oh, yes. I quite enjoyed that film.

SK: I'm an actress, too.

JM: ...

SK: ...

JM: ...

SK: I haven't eaten in three weeks.

JM: Let me introduce you to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Vidya Balan, Jury Member Extraordinaire!

And with Chiranjeevi, Cherry and family!

Finally, one of my favorite directors... MIIKE TAKASHI!

^^ This is Matsushima Nanako, who is like the bossest lady in Japanese entertainment. She smashed TV ratings with her drama Kaseifu no Mita.

Here's the trailer for Shield of Straw, which looks AWESOME! He's another guy who I'd love to see tackle the Encounter Film genre... Miike shooting in Bombay would be awesome, right?!

1 comment:

eliza bennet said...

I love Miike and Matsushima san is pure awesome (God I have shed so many tears in KnM despite it not being a great show, melo content was just so so good.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl