Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Post: RANVEER SINGH! Save us!

I saw this yesterday but since today was a little light... Karan Johar made an offhanded comment about the star system ending because Vicky Donor did well.

Um, no. First of all, those small films don't do nearly as much business or have as much cultural influence as your 100 crore club Bodyguard or your Rowdy Rathore and second of all, all the success of these "Hindie" films have done is create a second tier of "stars" for the media to yap about, some of who have been gobbling up the attention like somebody named Kardashian - Ayushmann Khurrana - and others who wish we would all shut up and let them work - Nawazuddin Siddiqui.


----

The latest news from Remake City - Chupke Chupke.

----

Ileana D'Cruz opposite Saif uncle in his next home production?

----

Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty are have been accused of fraud.

And Balaji's stock plunges as Ekta Kapoor's office is raided by the income tax department.

----

John Abraham and Anil Kapoor forced to promote Gangs at Wasseypur together... and a reporter asks John about his 15 crore signing fee for Welcome 2.

John categorically stated: “As far as money is concerned, I don’t talk about money at all as I think it’s not as important. I charge because I think I deserve it. But I give it to charity because I think that’s more important.”

I see. So, he's not over-estimating his value to a production, man, he's just too damn generous...

It's worth clicking through to the photo gallery on the linked article to see Anil and John trying to out-attention whore each other at the promotional event.

----

Mid-Day, look, I know we've had our problems but if there one thing that will get me back clicking on your articles, it is a lengthy and detailed description of Ranveer Singh's antics.

At the red carpet of an awards, the actor tried to hog the limelight going up and down the stairs and complimenting the act with some loud pelvic thrusts.

RANVEER!!!!!! NEVER LEAVE US!!!!! Also, start tweeting again.

----

It's the 25th anniversary of the reign of the Khans! Yes, that's right... Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak! And Premankur Biswas writes about it for Firstpost.

But I had an older sister in her teens and she watched Chitrahaar on Doordarshan, every Wednesday. “Papa kehte hai…,” Aamir Khan crooned in our boxy Weston TV, and something happened to her. I could smell madness, the kind that’s only perceptive to younger brothers. I could have told my parents, but they seemed to have bitten the dust too. Eyes glazed with Aamir love. It was like a zombie attack.

----

Please have some Mahesh Babu for Thums Up to brighten your day... since there is no video of Ranveer going up and down stairs while thrusting his pelvis all over the place.

----

And I haven't watched this but it's a longish interview with the Bombay Talkies crew. And as long as we're here... thoughts on Zoya's bangs? She looks a bit like Zooey Deschanel or something, no?

4 comments:

odadune said...

The original Chupke Chupke w/ Dharam always struck me as kind of meanspirited, precisely because it seemed like a hurtful prank to play on well meaning semi realistic characters in a middlebrow movie. A cartoonier version would likely be an improvement from my pov. in any case, Umesh Shukla has a bunch of grandiose pet projects that aren't likely to go anywhere.

Kjo's comments on the hindie scene could just be his way of telling the Dharma talent not to act pricey-lots of less expensive people waiting in the wings.

dagnyfan said...

Why do you enjoy Ranveer Singh's attention-seeking antics, but find Ayushmann's tiresome?

Filmi Girl said...

@dagnyfan Because I think Ayushmann is pretentious - wanting filmi attention but acting like he's a "serious" actor. Meanwhile Ranveer is whole-heartedly filmi. No apologies needed. XD

film fanatic said...

I love ranveer singh to another level! Complete entertainer and clean heart as the purest spotless glass! He is here to entertain and he does that and how. He must go places because he represents us normal folk who work tirelessly to achieve our dreams and against all odds. Hats off to him.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl