Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Post: Am I a dust bin?

Three little letters… IPL!

Shahrukh Khan may still be banned from Wankhede Stadium but that doesn't mean he's not thinking of the fans.

The Pepsi IPL 2013 Opening Nite is being touted as the ‘grandest sporting spectacle ever seen in India.’ What are going to be its highlights, and what will your role be in the same?

The Pepsi IPL 2013 Opening Nite will be a spectacular ceremony, the likes of which India has never seen before. I will be performing to some of my songs. Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone, two of my co-stars, will also be there. Pitbull, the international rapper, will thrill the audiences.

Unfortunately, the youtube channel is limited to India only so you'll have to find some other way to watch matches.

But there's always Ranbir and his Pepsi ad for everybody. I've always found it funny that nutrition-free calorie bomb sodas sponsor athletic events. As if cricketers are really back there swigging Pepsi and Coke before heading out to the pitch.

Also starting up… TOIFA. Prepare for the hype explosion!


----

Deepti Naval and Farooq Sheikh talk films. And they don't hold back:

Said Sheikh: “Even the way films are marketed today has an element of being over done. It is a case of the gift-wrapping being better than the actual gift itself. To market a film today, you have actors screaming 24-7 from every channel. In the end, though, are you selling a film or yourself?”

----

KJo and his boy toy spotted out on the town. Is Karan's glass closet being opened slowly?

----

Rajini's Kochadaiyaan is heading to Cannes!

----

The trailer for Gippi, which looks SUPER cute!

----

For whatever reason I'm finding the promos for Settai really fun! FLAMING SITAR! FLAME ON!

5 comments:

Sal said...

Karan has humorously mentioned not being attracted to women several times over the years, laughed at suggestions that he get married, and talked candidly about being bullied for his "effeminate" mannerisms as a child. He has avoided using gendered pronouns in talking about his love life, and has never, for as long as I can remember, attempted to portray himself as straight. He's said that he doesn't owe an admission to the public about whether he is gay or straight, since his family and friends accept him and love him. I don't think he's in any kind of closet, glass or otherwise. As a queer person from South Asia, I understand his decision not to talk about his sexuality publicly, and also admire his decision not to put up any sort of front about it.
I don't mean to sound humorless or self-righteous, especially in response to a lighthearted little joke, but I have to confess that I find speculative talk about people's sexuality, even in jest, problematic and often reductive.

Filmi Girl said...

@Sal Point very much taken. :)

Especially the reductive part. I'll try to be more aware in the future. This kind of talk and speculation is so pervasive here that it's easy for me to not think about it and just let my fingers type away.

I wasn't really joking, though... I think Sid and KJo would make a cute couple and since he was long had an image of a lonely man, I think it's nice he's being spotted out and about with young, handsome Sid. :)

Sal said...

I agree. :)

Divya said...

I don't know about this ... I have always shipped KJo and Manish Malhotra :)

moi said...

" I find speculative talk about people's sexuality, even in jest, problematic and often reductive. "
I completely second this. Sid & boy toy....How do u know? Just because they are seen at some events together? The guy is an up & coming actor whose fan base is largely teen fan girls. Why insinuate something one is not sure about.
Besides God can never be that cruel.After all the dreaming & fan girling & shipping that I've done of Mr. Malhotra, there is no way he is anything other than a drop dead gorgeous straight man.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl