Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday Post: The "Desi Magic" Countdown begins... now!

Good morning, lovelies! Did everybody catch the IPL opening game yesterday? I was following the live blog on CricInfo and trying not to cheer too loudly at my desk. How about that Mahela Jayawardene, huh?

I have to admit that I enjoy the sea of I hate it but I love it blog posts from cricket fans surrounding the spectacle and staginess of the IPL. What great fun we'll have for the next few weeks!

Especially with ALL THE DRAMA! Let's face it, when SRK is involved, media drama is never far behind. And when you get Kat, Dippy, and SRK on stage together, well, MAJOR DRAMA. Is it me or is his hair piece looking worse and worse these days...

[I want one of those shirts. Anybody else? I can Cafepress some up.] And nothing says IPL like behind-the-scenes bickering about promotions. Reports are already trickling in that Shahrukh is doing his damnedest to keep Akshay starrer Once Upon A Time In Mumbai 2 off the radar.


----

Update from TOIFA country - Abhishek Bachchan talks to the CBC and is his charming self.

----

Vidyut Jamwal is ready for anything.

For me, in Commando, the most challenging stunt was where I get in through a car window and get out of it in one swift motion. It’s a stunt that requires a high level of physical expertise and flexibility. When I was younger, I used to do the same stunt through a plastic ring, but here the size of the ring had to be reduced significantly to make it the size of a window. That was quite exciting, but also very scary. Then there was another stunt. You must have seen it in the promo… the one in which I do a double body roll on a guy.... There was also one in which a car comes hurtling towards the girl (Pooja Chopra) and I do a front split to stop it. We’ve used a lot of Kalaripayattu and Jujutsu (a martial art from Japan marked by grappling and striking techniques). Everything is real… we’ve not used any ropes, cables or computer graphics.

VIDYUT JAMWAL! VIDYUT JAMWAL! VIDYUT JAMWAL!

----

The Vettai remake has gone from "must watch" to "do not want". Abbas-Mustan? Really?

----

(So much more where this came from. This is what she ACTUALLY WORE to the press conference. Yesterday.)

Ameesha Patel keeps on trying, bless her clueless little heart. She is launching Desi Magic - a film starring her and Zayed Khan from that banner whose name just screams filmi excellence: Ameesha Patel Productions.

Just what everybody has been clambering for!

When is she just going to give in and realize that what would keep her in the news without all this nonsense is if Ameesha Patel Productions doesn't actually make the film, just a reality show about the making of the film.

Or the Real Housewives of Mumbai.

One or the other.

----

And some sad news - actor Shrivallabh Vyas is in poor health and his family is struggling with medical bills. I hope the best for them!

----

And the answer to an age old question. How do you film an item with Sunny Leone? Make John Abraham dance instead.

2 comments:

odadune said...

Re: Laila: um. Yeah. I think your comment pretty much says it all. Is it bad to wonder how many times he fell down shooting the "hopping on one leg" scenes?

On the IPL thing, I think the OUATIMA gang did what they needed to do, which was stir the pot a bit. (And look cute doing it.) The resulting fanwars on Twitter are ANNOYING, though. Dangit, fanboys, this non-tweeter tracks your stuff so she can see the new pics and vids and the rumors about upcoming movies, not to watch you guys squabble amongst yourselves....

CoffeeQueen said...

The astounding lack of coverage for the TOIFAs is blowing my mind! Not even a mention on the noon news.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl