Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Post: Trust Nothing.

April Fool's Day: TRUST NOTHING!

Is PC working with Pitbull? Is Fardeen Khan quitting? Is Shahrukh still banned from Wankhede Stadium? Who can say. (And more importantly, who cares.)

I'm not out to trick anyone and I've tried to avoid the ones that are obviously false but I could still get fooled so… yeah.

The big story of the day is HIMMATWALA, more specifically how badly Himmatwala flopped. 31 crores is the number being thrown around. While I would like nothing more than to give it a glowing review just to spite the smug critics out there to be honest, in the end, I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to go see it. If it had been Akshay I probably would have made more of an effort but Ajay is hit or miss for me in these mass films.

So, anyways, it looks like we have a prime candidate for my next edition of Box Office Poison!


----

Bollywood versus the IPL.

Film distributor and exhibitor Akshaye Rathi believes films of different genre could do well in different regions. "Shootout at Wadala, Ek Thi Daayan and Aurangzeb should do well all over, while Commando could be a surprise draw in B and C class centres. Bombay Talkies can do well in the multiplexes in metros, while Zanjeer's Telugu version (Toofan) should do well in Andhra Pradesh, because of Ram Charan Teja," he predicts.

----

Manoj Kumar and Om Shanti Om. The saga continues… unless this is an April Fool's story? But he's been grumbling for a while about this so I don't think so.

(And, really, shame on Farah for not deleting the scenes like she promised. This is where I get really annoyed with these "spoof" movies. Yes, Manoj Kumar is a cranky old guy but he was also a brilliant filmmaker and it's sad to see his body of work reduced to a joke about his trademarked hand gesture in popular imagination.)

----

New CM from Akshay!

----

Trailer for Ek Thi Daayan

----

And a couple of teasers:

For "Laila" from Shootout at Wadala

and for Dhanush's Mariyan!

5 comments:

Rum said...

It's a shame that they're already putting down Himmatwala, like we all know how much critics hate Sajid, but I'm sure the last thing he needs is them being so self-righteous about the 'right' kinda cinema that's around now. But then again, its the right time to rub it in when he was shooting his mouth off about it being the most ginormous of hits ever!

Vivek said...

I haven't watched the movie and I might just catch it on Tv later just to see what it was about. But, a director can't be cocky and take the audiences for granted all the time. Its just not on. Some of his comments after his last few movies became a hit(I still can't figure out why) just smacks of arrogance. Akshay tried to dole out the same crap over and over again, until his movies started to flop. It happens. And there will always be critics and others who will wait for him to stumble.

Filmi Girl said...

Yeah, it's funny. Because I want to side with Sajid against the critics but if he doesn't back up his comments with making a genuinely entertaining film I can't support him, you know?

We'll see what he does next...

odadune said...

The Honda 60 ad is cute as a button. Have you seen the new one from Dollar Club. The idea of Akki outdancing Prabhudeva is beyond ludicrous but their chemistry almost makes up for it.

Filmi Girl said...

@odadune

http://youtu.be/QLHDR0NCBVY

^^ This one? You're so right! Really fun ad!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl