Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm back! AND SO IS AMITABH!

And I bring you a song titled "Give it up for Bachchan" from Bombay Talkies! While I trash Anurag Kashyap a lot for his seemingly endless lack of self-awareness, I'm actually really looking forward to his segment of Bombay Talkies. Funnily enough Get Filmy and I talked a lot about this when we met up in New York. (SHOUT OUT!)

We live with these stars, in a way. When we see Amitabh in a film, it's like watching a family friend. There is no way any of these stars could ever live up to the perfect images constructed of them and that gap remains a source of fascination for film fans. Ranbir drunk and partying with girls in Vancouver; family men rumored to have second wives; and my favorite scene in Guddi in which Pran reveals himself to be a perfect gentleman.

(Also, how great is it to hear Sukhwinder Singh again?! I missed those smoky tones.)

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl