Thursday, March 21, 2013

Yes, I know it's probably pointless but... ELEPHANTS!

Elephants have been an interest of mine for so long that I can't remember when I first began reading about them. They have language, culture, and intensely emotional lives.

And stupid, greedy people are slaughtering them to make jewelry and trinkets from their teeth. It's disgusting, sickening, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Except complain on the Internet.

If you are in America and would like to join me in complaining - and maybe feel slightly less helpless - there is a White House Petition going and it takes like two seconds to register.

And if you are in Washington, DC, you should know that THE NEW ELEPHANT HOUSE OPENS TOMORROW!!!! Ambika, the grand dame of the National Zoo elephants at 60-something (one never asks a lady her age), was given as a gift to the children of the United States from the children of India in 1961. She was originally from Karnataka.

(Photo credit: Smithsonian)

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl