Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Post: Happy Birthday, Aamir!

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the one-and-only Perfectionist of Bollywood… Mr. Aamir Khan!


----

Our boy Salman Khan rejects Chetan Bhagat's script for Kick.

Sallu flipped the pages one by one and the more he read, the more it was evident that he was far from pleased with the script.

Added the source, "After a while, he kept the script aside and told Chetan very politely, that he has failed to capture the essence of the film which is being adapted from a Telugu hit. 'Make it more commercial' is what the bestselling author was told. Sajid and Chetan had no choice but nod in approval.

----

Wait a minute… when was Shekhar Kapur's Paani completed? And why is there a poster already? Who is starring? I'm so confused.

----

On set pictures of Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda in Highway.

----

On set photo of Sonakshi and Ranveer in Lootera, which I'm really looking forward to.

----

Parineeti Chopra has allegedly been told to lose 8kgs in a month for her Yash Raj film with Siddharth Malhotra. (That's about 20 pounds for us Americans.)

Because everybody knows that a starving heroine is a SURE guarantee of box office success, right Kareena in Tashan and the hordes of other "bikini body" babes who trot through the headlines each week?

----

Why is Sarah Jane Dias being cast as the lead in anything? She's pretty but she's a terrible actress.

----

Jolly LLB premiere!

---- In honor of Aamir's birthday, one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite films: Rangeela!

6 comments:

Moimeme said...

Chetan Bhagat has already refuted the story about Kick's script on Twitter:

Chetan Bhagat ‏@chetan_bhagat

The Mumbai Mirror story on Kick is fake. Haven't met Salman on Kick at all. Script is still not ready. Just been working with Sajid N's team
Expand

(8 hrs ago)

Filmi Girl said...

@moimeme Thx. But we all know that a denial doesn't mean there's not some truth. XD

Moimeme said...

@FilmiGirl - true, but when the source is the Mumbai Mirror, I'd doubt its veracity even without a denial. :)

Maite said...

I just came up with your blog and I really enjoyed going through your articles and reviews! Sometimes it is hard to find a blog like yours written in English!:)I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts on Glipho? I bet that our users would love to read your stuff! It's a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts, really easy to use it and communicate with your followers. In additional, you are able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about http://glipho.com/ and if you feel like it, in one click you can set up your account!

I hope you will join our Glipho community soon.

All the best,

Maite

Mo Pitz said...

Dear Parineeti, I recommend the Giardia lamblia diet. Eat whatever you want, it doesn't stick around for long! I lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I also had no energy and spent most of my time in the bathroom, so there's that. But I lost the weight which is what we all know is the most important!

::sigh:: FUYRF

Divya said...

Parineeti Chopra has allegedly been told to lose 8kgs in a month for her Yash Raj film with Siddharth Malhotra.

Nooooo!!, I knew that they were going to Bollywoodize her, but please, I had hoped I could enjoy her on screen in her natural form a little while longer.
Hope she doesn't turn brittle and seemingly cranky like poor Anushka Sharma looks to have done after her weight loss.
Looks like Sonakshi is the only hope left for us curvy girls :(.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl