Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Gossip: The as long as your belly isn't falling out it's fine edition!

Good morning! I hope everybody is doing well today! We have to start with some sad news so...


Akshay Kumar's secretary, Lokesh Bali, has passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Pran is recovering at hospital. Get well soon, sir!

Vishwaroopam updates:

Shiv Sena comes out in support for it, which doesn't help ANYthing.

Now, the party in favor of a ban is saying that the Censor Certification was fraudulently issued or hinting that he should cut it down to one hour.

What a shit show.

I'm on Team Kamal in this fight. I don't think he was being disrespectful or intending to inflame any sort of outrage - except against war and killing. Look at this way: if Aamir Khan, Rahul Bose, and Rajinikanth are on your side, you are probably correct.

Salman Khan to produce films under his Being Human banner.

Wrap up of the Bollywood panels at the Jaipur Literature Festival from the New York Times, complete with comment from somebody calling themselves an "old India hand." Take from that what you will.

Mads and Ranbir to do an dance number in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

Sajid Khan declares Himmatwala to be one of the biggest hits of 2013. I believe him.

A nice interview with the lovely Kajal Agarwal.

What have you learnt from bollywood?

I learnt to be patient. I was not impatient earlier but in the South films are made pretty fast. They start and finish on time. Hindi film industry is still learning that. Fortunately both the films I did here have finished very fast

My favorite quip is this one:

As long you are fit and your belly is not falling out its fine. I don't have to be skinny to look glamorous.

It's good to see a heroine with a rational approach to body image!

Acting is, like, so much harder than modeling, says model Diana Penty.

This one is for Asim: Akshay initially didn't "get" Special Chabbis.

"It took me around three-four months. The first time I read the script, I didn't understand. Sometimes you don't understand a script till somebody narrates it to you. That was the only thing," the 45-year-old said here in an interview.

The Times of India speculates on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's potential ode to Dippy's beauty. I'll be very curious to see how he makes her look. Personally, as I'm sure you all know, I don't actually find her all that attractive, but Sanjay Leela Bhansali can work miracles.

Chunkey Pandey complains about the lack of Best Comedian Awards. Just like Hollywood! I'm right there with you, buddy. I love comedy.

And enjoy a cool, refreshing blast from the past!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl