Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Gossip: Everybody panic... SNOW! Edition!

We had our first snow yesterday and they are expecting more tonight. DC looks pretty in the snow, no? I just hope it doesn't prevent my movie watching... I may end up having to go on Sunday instead of tomorrow.

Kamal Haasan has given a statement about the banning of Vishwaroopam:

Dear Friends,

While I am touched by the voices in support for me and my film, I am appalled at how my film is construed to be against my Muslim brothers.

My statements in favour of that community have marked me as a sympathizer. I have always gone beyond the call of my duty as an actor to voice my opinion in favour of what was humane and civil. I have been part of an organization called Harmony India which worked for Hindu Muslim amity.

As I said to @Moimeme yesterday, I trust Kamal Haasan enough to at least go and see the film before passing judgement.

AH! And my other above the cut news is that I went to go see Red Baraat at the 9:30 Club last night and they were fantastic! There is something quite special in this digital day and age to see real live instruments played well. Upcoming tour dates are here and they'll be in Philly, New York, and Boston in the next week or so. Check them out, guys!

David Headley is getting a biopic. I'm not sure what to think of this guy… and I don't know what tone a biopic will take.

Interview with Sonu Sood.

Bollywood is trying to imitate Tollywood now to ensure box-office success. Imagine one hero hitting 50 gundas in a go, and the audience, both in multiplexes and single screens paying five hundred bucks to watch this practically impossible stuff. So it clearly indicates, that after a long and tiring day, people just want to be entertained," he points out.

Is anybody else looking forward to Gulab Gang?

From the News You Don't Want column, Imran and Bebo are reuniting in a film called Gori Tere Pyaar Mein directed by noted hack Punit Malhotra. I hope Bebo is getting bank for this because we all know she'll be the one carrying Imran and Punit.

Also, I kind of love this:

What an apt title though, considering Kareena’s exotic foreign looks and sensuously structured beauty. This film is sure to create magic at the box office, going by the stellar cast and production team.

HA HA HA! Oh, Bollywood writing… never change.

KJo is launching a menswear collection.

Dev Patel says no to Bollywood but why did they ask him in the first place? Dev Patel is a great actor… in the Western style. It takes a different skill set to be a proper hero.

Family trouble for Dilip Kumar.

Ameesha Patel: never leave us.

Talking about [her home production]`s flavour, Ameesha said: "It will be a blend of `Jab We Met`, `Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge` and other (such) Bollywood films."

AND SHE'S PLAYING A DOUBLE ROLE!

New song trailer for ABCD! This movie is going to be fantastic!


2 comments:

Moimeme said...

Here's an editorial from The Hindu, India's most respected newspaper and headquartered in Chennai, on the legal precedents in the Viswaroopam case:

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/responsibility-to-protect/article4341102.ece

(Don't be fooled by the name. The Hindu is about as Hindu as the Christian Science Monitor is Christian. :) )

getfilmy said...

LOLOL THAT's how BOC interpreted the word "gori"?!! HAHAHAHA. And I even heard half the film is set in a village. Let's see how Bebo's "exotic foreign looks and sensuously structured beauty" does as a gaon ki gori aka village belle hahahaha.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl