Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Gossip: Where My Ladies At Edition

The BBC World Service has a two part documentary on Bollywood today. I haven't been able to listen (yet) so I can't tell you how good it is or what it focuses on.

And those looking for Dabangg 2 Salman interview coverage check out Get Filmy's post on the topic!


*Sridevi's adorable daughter says she is only 15 and too young to enter films… even if she wanted to. She might still want to be a spy or an archaeologist.

Can I hang out with Jhanvi? She sounds like one awesome girl!

*Here is a nice post on the defining woman in film by decade.

The 70s was a time of harsh realities – Indo-Pak war, the Emergency and the Hindu rate of growth. Cinema became a form of escape. Tragedy queens made room for starry eyed chirpy teenagers. The black and white overcoat of sorrow was replaced by colors of happiness, dance, music and R.D Burman. India said hello to Guddi; a teenage girl who lived in a dream world adorned by romance and Dharmendara. SinceGuddi wouldn’t give in to her family’s attempt to arrange a marriage for her; her uncle plots a sneak peek inside filmistan which opens her eyes to reality. Guddi was a cheerful dose of innocence and a subtle lesson that in the end, a woman will always have to settle for an arranged marriage giving up her foamy palanquin of dreams.

*Kangs is out of Dedh Ishqiya, which makes me sad. I'll just have to think about her PLAYING A NANCY DREW SCIENCE TEACHER and cheer myself back up again! Oh, Kangana… I can never quit you. I love a talented but difficult starlet.

Ho ho ho! Madam Kangana may be doing an item song for Shootout at Wadala.

*Asin has nothing in her kitty.

*Tabu talks PR.

Do you feel your poor PR or ‘networking’, as you have called it, has come in the way of your career?

That is a part of my personality and I have lived with that traits happily. I have never seen that as obstacles or weakness. I agree I am not good at it, but fortunately I have never felt like I missed out on anything because of it.

*When is Priyanka's press team going to take a clue and stop annoying every hero in town with her press reports.

The daily stated, “What is also working in PeeCee’s favour is SRK’s seal of approval. Sources close to both the stars say that a defiant Khan has been functioning ‘like a man possessed’.”

The King of Romance SRK though, has repeatedly denied these rumours and even displayed his anger at the false buzz. After the report was published, Shah Rukh took to twitter to vent out the anger..

Here's another gem from her press team:

But it’s not just in Marrakech, that the actor’s been treated to the Indian delicacy. Insiders reveal that ever since the actor’s film also starring Ranbir Kapoor released, people have loved her performance so much that they have been sending her boxes of barfi on every occasion. “No matter where she goes, she is being treated to the sweet and she very sportingly puts aside her diet concerns and indulges in the treats,” says the insider.

Ugh... BARF is more like it.

*Newcomer Vaani Kapoor gets a three film deal with Yash Raj.

And the trailer for Rajdhani Express, to which my reaction was predictable. I'm like, "Meh. This looks like it would make a better stage pla~~ JIMMY SHERGILL!"

1 comment:

getfilmy said...

Thanks for the shoutout FG! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl