Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Gossip: OMG OMG! Alex Pandian is coming!!!

I'll be in New York City tomorrow to watch Dabanng 2 if anybody is interesting in joining, drop me a line! AMC Empire 25. Salman Khan. (On the screen.) Whistling and cheering are mandatory.

* Small budget films did well in 2012!

* And the most awkward kisses of the year.

* Shooting on Ram-Leela interrupted by workers strike for unpaid wages.

* Emraan Hashmi will be pairing up again with Vidya Balan in Ghanchakkar… and with Karan Johar in Unglee, unfortunately directed by that hack Rensil "Kurbaan" D'Silva.

* And the guy whose film was almost as anti-Muslim as Kurbaan, AR Murugadoss, doesn't want to change the climax or anything much about his anti-Muslim Thuppakki.

What is wrong with these men that that they don't see how making a film where the bad guys are "sleeper cells" of terrorists "disguised" as ordinary Muslims is just a REALLY BAD IDEA and flames religious hatred and misunderstanding? I think Rensil D'Silva was actually worse in this regard because he tried to stick in these "applause lines" in his film about how THE WEST was oppressing all brown-skinned people and meanwhile he has some of the worst anti-Muslim stereotype characters I've seen in a long time… and now he's doing the "official remake" of 24

Let's just hope Akshay Kumar has enough business smarts to make Murugadoss change the identity of the bad guys.

* SRK doing a tribute to Yash Chopra at the Zee Cine Awards.

* I really like Mary Kom.

Recently Mary caught up with Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra regarding her upcoming movie which is based on Mary Kom's life. She excitedly shares with us, "I met Priyanka recently in Mumbai. Woh bahut sundar hain, aur main itni sundar nahi hun. It was great chatting up with her , she is a nice human being . She asked me a lot of myself and when she asked me one thing about my food habits I told her jokingly main sab kuch kha leti hun sirf aadmi chorke. When Priyanka heard this she just couldn't stop laughing."

* Vashu Bhagnani wants to work with Govinda… why not just cast his daughter opposite Jackky?

* Nobody has confidence in Nargis Fakhri except director Shoojit Sircar who cast her opposite (wait for it) John Abraham. Now that's going to be a master class of acting ability… not.

OMG! OMG! This looks amazing!!! I'm a Karthi fan after seeing Saguni in the theaters earlier this year - specifically, I fell for him during this hero introduction song. HOW CAN YOU NOT?! He's just so charming!! I'm excited that I have another Karthi movie to look forward to now! Alex Pandian!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl