Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Gossip... going back on vacation edition!

Public Service Announcement: My friend Matt King is entering the final hours of his Kickstarter goal to fund his steampunk project The World of Steam. Check it out! Even if you don't donate - stop by and just check it out. ESPECIALLY if you like fantasy or sci-fi. (Which I totally do.)

And the second part of my PSA, yes, I'll be leaving for Brazil and won't be posting gossip again until I get back - in about a week and a half! On the one hand, I feel bad for abandoning you during the massive holiday release season but on the other... sometimes real life is more important than movies. (*gasp* DID SHE JUST SAY THAT?!)

Sometimes I just need to break up the routine, and I always appreciate films all the more when I return to it. Plus, no massive melt-down over the overwhelming amount of SRK-related publicity this year! So, maybe it's for the best? Although I know some of you would appreciate me going off on how silly some of the news articles have been on the Jab Tak Hai Jaan box office. As we discussed in the comments section yesterday, it's done "well enough" but considering the advantages of screen numbers, quality and type of theater, and the cast... AND that it's Yash Chopra's last film, "well enough" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement from the public.

I think it's more impressive that Son of Sardaar has managed to hang on and do respectable business - and most of that coming from less desirable single-screen theaters!

We'll see what will happen over the weekend, I suppose. As Moimeme correctly pointed out yesterday, neither film has joined THE 100 Crore Club, despite the confusing press releases with various accounting methods floating around.

Anyways. Most importantly - PRAN IS OKAY!

* Oh, lordy! I don't know what to make of this. My first instinct is "culturally insensitive flavored with a heady whiff of racism."

* Whistling Woods is expanding its reach to Bradford. What ever happened to the land controversy? Did it die with Vilasrao Deshmukh?

* Rani Mukerji answers questions in what can only be read as an annoyed tone of voice. She is just OVER this whole "publicity" thing.

"I get really annoyed because comebacks are usually for actors who get married and have children. Sridevi made a comeback with English Vinglish, and that really was a comeback after many years. I think for actors like us, between releases we are actually preparing for our character or we are choosing another film or we are working on a film project; we are not ever really going away from our work.

I can just imagine her sighing at having to answer this yet again.

* Sher Khan postponed while they search for a tiger.

* Juhi Chawla to join the cast of Gulab Gang.

* Zoya Akhtar is scripting a family drama. I hope it's family drama that's more The Celebration and less Hallmark Channel family drama but...

* KARISHMA KAPOOR HEADING FOR DIVORCE says one gossip site.

* Thuppakki remake with Parineeti Chopra and Akshay Kumar?! Why aren't I watching this right now?

NEW SONG FROM DABANNG 2!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Did you see the making of Dagabaaz re? Dec 21 is too far away! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhKFnX38zoE

And Juhi and Madhuri sharing the screen almost seems too good to be true.

I'm wondering if this Zoya Akhtar family drama is the one that inspired all those rumors about her casting Ranbir and Kareena together. Which I'd love to see.

Yunus Perveez said...

Just spoke to Rani for Talaash and she was WONDERFUL, You'll love it, when posted, I m sure!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl