Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Gossip: The Psycho-Analyzed by Taran Adarsh Edition!

Some odds and ends today... it seems like Son of Sardaar vs. Jab Tak Hai Jaan has the Bollywood media as fired up as the American press was over Obama v. Romney!!

I wish the best for both films; I really do.

Although I might not get to see either - I'll be in Austin, Texas next weekend. If anybody knows if there is a theater screening either film there, do comment and let me know!

Now!


* An interview with Reema Kagti. Mine should be up post the Diwali releases, when the Talaash promotions start in earnest.

How was the experience of working with Rani Mukerji?

Rani is your proverbial frontbencher. She wants to prep and get into everything -- including my head -- be it the script, sets or dialogues. She's similar to Aamir in her approach towards her job.


Oh, Rani! ♥

* Amitabh Bachchan does not want the Bihar police to use his name without permission.

* If you've noticed, in order to preserve my sanity, I've deliberately kept away from Shahrukh Khan's interviews for Jab Tak Hai Jaan but the headline of this one was too much to resist. (Sigh.)

"I am too scared to make a sci-fi now because they are expensive and it takes a lot of hardwork. But I will certainly try to carry forward what I have started when I have a script in mind. I am not going to give up," said Shah Rukh, who was in the Capital to promote his upcoming film Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

Please don't. Unless you work with somebody who actually understands sci-fi... just no.

* And Ajay is still tilting at windmills.

Is it true that there’s bitterness between you and Yash Raj Films because you refused Yash Chopra’s Darr years ago?


I have no bitterness against anyone. I was offered Shah Rukh’s role in Yashji’s Darr (1993), but I let it go. That was a mistake. I had just started out and was very young, too under-confident to understand the intricacies of an anti-hero role. I couldn’t figure out whether it was a hero or a villain. Maybe I was wrong, but then that’s how life is. You make mistakes and learn. I was never offered any other role in Yash Raj movies. If I had been, I’d have certainly done it. 


Is it weird that I've really been enjoying all of Ajay's bitter press interviews? He just seems so candid and ready to push aside any bullshit.

"Other than this, I don’t remember my predictions going wrong. For instance, I knew my recent films Rascals (2011) and Tezz (2012) wouldn’t work and see, they didn’t!"

Ha!!! So, Rascals was just an excuse for a nice vacation to Thailand. I knew it!

The article linked to above has a little poll at the end about who you are supporting in the dispute. Yash Raj is ahead but the margin is very slim.

(And check out Shotgun going on the promotional tour with Ajay and Sona! TOO CUTE!)

* Ranbir wants to us to know that he would have no problem playing the second lead to Shahrukh in Karan Johar's next film... but he hasn't had anything offered to him.

* A little article on the recent spate of Maharashtrian characters.

Critically-acclaimed documentary filmmaker Anjali Monteiro says the creation of the pan-Indian Vijays in the action-packed ’70s also contributed to the stereotype in a big way. “While this character and everyone around him like the suffering mother, the sacrificing courtesan and the ubiquitous Muslim friend was kept pan-Indian by not having surnames, what unfailingly came across was that they were all North Indian.” Thus anyone else, and by default Maharashtrian characters, were relegated to the periphery and thus the stereotype.

* Paresh Rawal expresses his frustrations with the political system, is psycho-analzyed by the filmi press.

However, trade expert Taran Adarsh feels that someone as experienced as Rawal should not have lost his cool. “He has definitely gone too far,” says Adarsh.

Because Taran Adarsh is the person to turn to when discussing human nature.












































2 comments:

Moimeme said...

@FG -- I searched for Hindi film showing theaters in Austin, but couldn't find any. Odd, because I'm sure I've read of them in the past. It's possible that JTHJ is releasing in mainstream theaters, too, so you can find it that way.

But since both films are releasing on Tuesday, can't you see them in DC before you head out to Texas?

Divya said...

Hi Filmi,

It doesn't seem like either of the movies is playing near Austin. I am linking to a site with Indian movie theaters and showtimes by region. Maybe this can help,

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Jab_Tak_Hai_Jaan-Hindi-movie-in-Texas-TX-showtimes-tickets-schedules/

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl