Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday News... I'm still alive edition!

I weathered the storm okay here at FG central and I hope all my friends in New York are doing okay, too... We'll all be thinking about you today!

Not too much happening news wise but...


* A recap of a recent panel discussion on storytelling in Bollywood.

[Govind] Nihalani, one of the pioneers of the parallel cinema movement in India in the ’80s, noted that storytelling, over the years, has also been influenced by the source of funds. “I made films for NFDC with zero interference. I could do whatever I wanted,” he said.

* Javed Akhtar on the middle class and other reports from the CII’s Media & Entertainment Summit 2012.

Mr Javed Akhtar, Lyricist and Member of Parliament said that the contemporary films have lost their social appeal and are made primarily for the middle class who can afford to pay Rs 500 or so for visiting a multi plexus.

* Catch up with Kunal Kapoor.

But being absent from the magazine covers and the front pages of the daily is hardly an excuse for doing limited roles, right? So we prod him again. “I think I am very clear about the kind of work I want to do or don’t want to do. And unfortunately, I have got lots and lots of offers of the kind of work I don’t want to do,” Kapoor reveals, slight regret lacing his voice. “So I think it’s the lack of right scripts coming my way,” he adds with finality.

* And then catch up with the lovely Juhi Chawla!

“For a while, I have been doing smaller budget films, where my directors always asked me to be natural and wear very little or no make-up. I remember during the shoot of 3 Deewaarein, the cameraman told me to lighten my lipstick.” she says, adding, “So on the sets of SOS, I was happy doing my whole Bollywood routine with song, dance, comedy and romance.”

* Prithviraj on Aiyyaa and his next move in Bollywood.

"At the end of the day people say, in Aiyyaa it's just me flaunting my body and being treated as a sex symbol. But they don't realise that it's very new to me. In the South, I'm perceived as an intense actor and suddenly I've discovered something new about myself. In Aurangzeb, I'm back into my comfort zone because I'm doing an intense kind of film. I'm hoping my next project would be very different from both these films."

1 comment:

Moimeme said...

I'm glad to know you're alive and well, Filmi Girl! Hope you stay that way. :)

(I was impatiently checking your twitter & your blog for the last couple of hours, just to make sure you were OK. Never mind Bollywood.)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl