The happy couple is now married.
Ah... I remember when it all began...
(And a happy birthday to Hema Malini!!!)
* Check out Brij Kothari's project on teaching literacy through Bollywood!
Kothari's trick is to caption Indian film songs in the same language in which they are sung in an effort to appeal to the 300 million or so Indians who can't read or write.
I feel like I linked to this story before but it's worth repeating, I think.
* And it seems English-Vinglish is encouraging girls to take English classes!
* It seems I spoke too soon yesterday - the "Menhgai" song from Chakravyuh will have to be cut because of the lyric criticizing corporations and corporate magnates by name.
* Karan Johar's next is a love story during Partition.
* Dawn tackles Bollywood and sports.
Sports and Bollywood share a very strange relationship. It’s the kind that beats all logic. A billion people arouse the patriot within them by stopping in their tracks to see 11 men play cricket or hockey but somewhere this still isn’t enough to get a filmmaker going. India has enjoyed many a highs in sports but the fact that some of its best-loved sporting stories are the ones imagined like Lagaan or Iqbal couldn’t be more ironic. For the longest time parents brought up kids on the premise of kheloge koodoge banoge kharaab, padhoge likhoge banoge nawaab and that thought is so ingrained that anything connected to sports is not to be taken seriously.
* Dear Bollywood press, please stop trying to make Jackky Bhagnani happen... or at least stop printing the press releases from his team as "news" stories.
"Apart from the hook step, people will also get floored by the whistle tune. I've made Jackky do something he hasn't done before. I wanted him to find himself," says the choreographer, adding that he also used the actor's physique to the song's advantage. "Jackky has a fabulous physique. The idea was to add that also to the song."
* And some news that possibly only I am interested in - Amy Jackson and Vikram are shooting in China for Shankar's new Tamil film!!