Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Gossip: Who will be the second hero edition!

So, so, so... we might be getting the massive FRANKENSTORM up in here this week. If I disappear for a day or two, you'll know it's because we lost power and/or Internet but I really hope it's just the media hyping things up just to spin their wheels. We'll see I guess.

Anyways! Let's do this thing! PS apparently the Peoples' Choice awards were last night... did anybody vote? Clearly I did not since PC won a music debut award for "It's So Shitty." It goes beyond just annoyance - I'm actively embarrassed for PC. The song is supremely mediocre and she just gives the impression of somebody clinging desperately to youth. Maybe she's just really feeling the pressure with younger girls like adorable Alia along with Anushka, Deepika, Sonakshi, and especially Parineeti all coming up but the stench of desperation is overpowering. She's made a career playing "girlish" babes but you can't be "girlish" into your thirties without looking mentally challenged... though apparently it worked for a lot of people in Barfi.

* Aamir Khan talks about working with Reema Kagti.

“Reema is a fantastic director. I trust her instincts. Her perception is extremely clear and has no room for any doubts. I am very comfortable working with her. This is not the first time I am working with a female director. Earlier, I worked with Kiran, my wife. I am not gender biased. Gender is irrelevant for me.’’ he adds about the director.

And there has been buzzing on this for the last few days so I may as well link to it today - Anna Hazare to get Aamir to team up with him?

* Will it be Shahid or Ranbir as the second hero in Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay. I'd be okay with either but I kind of hope it goes to Shahid, just because I miss seeing him on screen... in things that aren't flops.

* Saifu is also getting a second hero in Milan Luthria's new film. Ruh-roh. Nobody upstages Aamir but depending on who the second hero is here, it may end up being Saif as the second lead. Varun, Ranveer, even Arjun Kapoor all have a glow around them that Saif will be hard pressed to match up to.

Well, maybe Saif will luck out and they'll hire Neil Nitin Mukesh, who hasn't outshone anybody in anything. Ever.

* Hema Malini wants to write a book on keeping fit.

* Kunal Kapoor talks Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana.

Talking about his role in the film, Kapoor says it was tricky: "I could easily have gone over the top because my character is Punjabi. But I wanted to keep him realistic and subtle while still being entertaining and funny."

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl