Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday News Post!

Happy Saturday! I've got a few goodies for you today...

First of all, I've been neglectful and haven't yet mentioned that the Bumping Bollywood Band Botown has a new single!!! Unlike their previous songs, this one is original but it's still got the soul, so go check it out!

Secondly, my girl Hard Kaur knows what the people want and her single from her new album is... "Peeney Do."

And now onto gossip!


* Photos from the Chicago set of Dhoom 3!! Apparently it's been code named "Victor's Venom."

* Spin magazine talks to Priyanka Chopra.

But this attempted cultural crossover is nothing new. From Latin songstresses to K-Poppers, plenty of artist have been tagged as the next-big-polyglot-thing. What makes Chopra different? It's a question she brushes aside. "I don’t know if it’s a crossover," she says with a laugh. "I’m not leaving where I was, and I’m not here either. The Indian movie industry has made me who I am. I’m not saying 'That’s done, and I’m here.'" Instead, Chopra suggests, this move toward America and pop music is "organic."

I like that editorial comment of "suggests." Heh.

What is really fascinating is how much this little profile emphasizes her American roots - which is NOT something you hear from the Indian media.

* Eega hits a century! 100 days in the theater! It was a super fun film - if you get the chance to see it, I think Maakhi is out this weekend, do go!

* Ruh-roh... Saifu might still face legal trouble from the brawl with the businessman at the hotel earlier this year.

* Two of my favorite Bolly-men... Steven Baker talks to Alexx O'Nell about Chittagong.

Talking about his character in the film, Alexx says:

"You will absolutely hate him. He's an extremely disturbing individual - seemingly quiet and sweet at times, but with a hint that something is terribly wrong with him. He's clearly nuts and a sadist on top of it. You're supposed to hate him, and if you do, I've done my job."

* Raveena Tandon's Shobhana 7 Nights is the belle of the South Asian film festival circuit.

* Read a snarky, in-depth profile of Honey Singh.

The “awaam ki awaaz” (voice of the people) that Singh calls himself is supposedly reflective of the two causes closest to his heart — to stop the youth in Punjab from ‘getting high, and getting out’, or leaving the country for jobs outside (“Why do you want to do gulami for white people? Just for some cash?” he thunders on the radio. If we go by his videos, there are piles of cash sitting around in mansions in Punjab, just waiting for girls to show up and writhe all over them).

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl