Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Gossip!! TGIF, BABY!

It looks like it's Maattrraan for me tomorrow! Reviews are looking okay - though I haven't read too deeply - so I'm hoping for a fun time.

And rumor has it the trailer for the Imran Khan-Anushka Sharma comedy Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola should be out with Student of the Year. Based solely on the description on wikipedia, I'm expecting we're going to see 2 hours of Imran Khan being an urban guy out of his element and reacting while wacky "rustic" characters do increasingly crazy things. Ooof.

Where's my conjoined twin masala film?


Let's start with some reviews!

* Rediff thinks the music to Jab Tak Hai Jaan is disappointing.

* Read a condescending review of Prakash Jha's Chakravyuh from some white guy in London.

Though one might be tempted to ask in somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner, “where are the song-and-dance numbers?”, Chakravyuh goes the whole hog and actually manages to shoehorn in a whopping three, light and amusing, helping the runtime breeze by if ultimately being a perfunctory cause of it.

* Aiyyaa seems to be wonderfully weird.

Wacky and funny on the top, the world of the protagonist Meenaxi(Rani Mukerji) is dark and sombre beneath. It’s a tough mood creation marred by the director’s stubborn refusal to let the narrative make up its mind whether it wants to do a homage or a spoof to the fantasy-cinema of the 1980s.

I wonder if this will be one of those films that I love and mainstream critics hate... a Tashan, if you will.

* Surya - Aamir Khan of the South.

In the south, they say Suriya is very similar to Aamir Khan as he is not only a perfectionist but chooses his scripts with a lot of care and is willing to experiment. KV Anand, the director of Maattrraan says: “Suriya is one actor who is willing to go the extra mile, to bring about that perfection in the character he is portraying on screen. He is willing to do any number of retakes to get that perfect shot.”

* Karan Johar and the cast talk Student of the Year.

Anupama: Are you losing it too, Varun?

Varun Dhawan: I lost it a long time back actually. The minute he offered me the film I just lost it.  To date, sometimes I don’t believe it’s happening.

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

* Ram Gopal Varma likes ghosts.

Do you believe in ghosts?

No. If I make a gangster film, that doesn’t mean I have to believe in crime.

What if you encounter a ghost some day?

I don’t know. It depends on the situation. I think it would be interesting to study a ghost. I would love to interact with a ghost. I’ll have to make a questionnaire first.

* Randhir Kapoor gets in a passive-aggressive dig at his daughter Bebo.

“I would personally like to say sorry to those who have not been invited to the wedding,” Randhir at first apologised for the private wedding, and added, “If I had my way, I would’ve had a big bash and invited the whole world. But kids of today are different and have their own mindset.”

Those "kids" are 30 and 40 and are probably paying for this themselves. I think they can do what they want and just be glad you were invited, Daboo.

* Aishwarya Rai - good mother.

* Nawazuddin Siddiqui injured himself outside the theater where his film Chittagong was premiering.

* This sounds disastrous.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl