Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Vaaya moodi" from Mugamoodi...

The more I think about it, the more I'm certain that the first half of Mugamoodi is the best thing I've seen all year. It's too bad the second half fell flat.

When I saw UTV had uploaded this picturization I had to share it with you!

I have been listening to this song and "Kudi Vaazhthu" non-stop since Saturday. Big up to K for the music, it's really gorgeous and the arrangements are top notch. "Kudi Vaazhthu" has this violin part that is out of control. I love when people take advantage of the violin's fretless nature.

But back to "Vaaya Moodi," I just love the creativity on display. The clever cuts and having the white extras "singing" the chorus... It's just a visual treat. And Jiiva's pink wardrobe really pops against the Swiss (?) scenery, which I'm sure Mysskin is using as a meta-narrative wink and it totally works on that level AND on a straight romantic level.

Just two thumbs up from me. I'm quite taken with it. I hope we see more masala from Mysskin!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl