* Hungama sneaks a pic of Aamir on the Dhoom 3 sets.
* Here is a fun study of Bollywood film reviewers.
The difference is more pronounced when it comes to big-budget movies. For the 10 costliest movies in the period, the average rating by Rajeev Masand is 2.15 and that by Taran Adarsh it is whopping 3.45, on same scale of 5. That Taran’s ratings are influenced by a movie’s budget, more than popular choice, is too obvious to require further explanation. It is no co-incidence either, that he is trade analyst and the bias shows.
* Western media on Sunny Leone and Jism 2.
"There is a strong backlash against increasing economic freedom - against a certain kind of Indian woman who likes to wear what she pleases and eat and drink out at restaurants and pubs because she can now afford to," said Nandini Ramnath, film correspondent for Mint newspaper. "The sad thing is that women like Sherlyn Chopra are not blazing any feminist trail. They are reinforcing a notion that women are objects. They increase anxiety among the self-appointed moral guardians."
Mukhopadhyay says the backlash shows "the reaction of the have-nots, their grievances, their anger".
* Sunny Leone answers more of the same questions.
Do you ever get tired of this sexy image? Ever want to revamp it?
Every single person is sexy in their own way. It's interesting to play different roles. It all depends on the package.
* Bejoy Nambiar's David to shoot in Belfast!
* Kabir Khan is ready for Ek Tha Tiger.
Also, if you call any other guy in Bollywood a ‘tiger’, it sounds very cheesy. But with Salman, you can be sure that woh sab ka baap hai (he is bigger than anybody else).
With Salman on board, I didn’t have to spend much time establishing that he is a tiger. Just five minutes into the film, and you will realize that woh sab ka baap hai (he is bigger than anybody else). A film like ETT needed a legendary star like Salman to do justice to the spy that the film is loosely based upon. He would have been overcast for a film like Kabul Express, but Ek Tha Tiger needed Salman.
* Hate Story's Vivek Agnihotri is making a film on Delhi during the Emergency.
* Anil's son Harshavardhan Kapoor to assist Anurag Kashyap on Bombay Velvet... He'd do well to wipe that smug look of his face first. You ain't all that, son.
* Also, just shut up about Hollywood, Anil.
“The idea is not to treat them like two separate industries,” explains Anil. “I look at them as films, so the language, the industry doesn’t matter when I am on sets. The draw is to do something interesting and something out-of-the-box that would surprise your own self too as an actor,” he adds.
Right... we're just one big happy family in which one parent gives you five minute roles playing lecherous old dudes and the other has nurtured you for 30 years.
* Is the Samy remake actually going to address the age gap between Sanjay Dutt and Prachi Desai.
Says the actress, "When you see the film you won't complain. Younger girls getting paired with older guys is nothing new in our cinema. My best pairing when I was doing television was with an older guy and the feedback was stupendous. The audience loves younger girls being paired with the older man. Even in Rock On and Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai my co-stars Farhan Akhtar and Emraan Hashmi respectively were not of my age. And that's okay. I am playing a character."
* Sonam Kapoor has shifted to Delhi for the filming of Ranjhana. I kind of can't wait for this movie. Dhanush has a fan in me!
* Blah blah blah Ayushmann Khuraana - WHO IS STILL GIVING KUNAL KOHLI THE MONEY TO MAKE ROM-COMS?! Did nobody see Thoda Pyaar, Break Ke Baad, TERI MERI KAHAANI?!
* Is Arjun Kapoor's Aurangzeb a remake of Trishul?
"It definitely looks like an inspired version of Yashji's Trishul. Jackie Shroff plays Sanjeev Kumar's part of a tycoon but in this case, his wife leaves him, taking one of the twins with her. He grows up, bearing resentment toward his father and the business empire, a la Bachchan. The other twin, also portrayed by Arjun Kapoor, looks after the business along with his father, similar to Shashi Kapoor in Trishul. It seems they've turned the role of the tycoon's two sons into a double role," a source told Mumbai Mirror.
New Ek Tha Tiger promo!