Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Gossip!

I don't think I'm ready for the Ek Tha Tiger review explosion tomorrow... I'm kind of nervous because I won't get to see it until this weekend but I'm going to do my best to avoid spoilers and buzz, if I can help it.

Besides there is this - the most important rumor of the day:

PRIYANKA CHOPRA HUSBAND STEALER GOES AFTER HRITHIK!!

I'm being facetious, obviously. I may not like PC but this is ridiculous. Do people seriously have nothing better to write about?

Moving on...


* Sanjay Dutt's final hearing in the 1993 Bomb Blast case was today and (good news) UP may withdraw their case against him for the pappi-jhappi remark back in 2009 AND bhai gave him the name of a good plastic surgeon. Quite the day for Sanju-baba.

* Anubhav Sinha may be producing a film I want to see (Gulab Gang) but I still dislike him because he does things like make an erotic thriller he can't just make an erotic thriller, it has to be a Tribute to the Bhatts and...

“I am still in the process of getting the right director for the film. The only difference will be that my film will be shot in 3D,” he said

That's right - AS is making an erotic thriller in 3D. No, sorry - an "erotic thriller" in 3D.

* Anushka Sharma has not yet signed Bombay Velvet.

* Bebo and Duggu to unite for a Karan Johar joint? (Also, I'm calling every Karan Johar film a "Karan Johar joint" from now on.)

* Meet Shirin Farhad director Bela Bhansali Sehgal.

Farah and your brother Sanjay Leela Bhansali weren't really on talking terms due to the clash between Om Shanti Om and Saawariya few years back. So weren't you awkward of approaching Farah for your film? 
Not at all. You know what clashes happen, fights happen but at the end of the day we are still friends. Life is so unpredictable that one shouldn't hold on to such kind of animosity or grudge forever. You should never have a regret, "I wish I had corrected that mistake before". So it's best to move on in life

* And some small quotes from Gauri Shinde director of English Vinglish.

"My mother was the inspiration for this film. Most people in India struggle with this language. It is the insecurity and insensitivity that I have shown in the film," she said.

* "If rumors are to be believed" Sunny Leone is playing a seductive vampire in Ragini MMS 2. I don't know if rumors are to be believed but I enjoyed passing this one along!

* Nothing exciting to report with the Gangs of Wasseypur 2 box office, which makes sense. This was never going to be a blockbuster.

EEEEE! This looks amazing!!! Sridevi is back and HOW! It just makes you wish Preity Zinta and Lolo had hooked up with people who could channel their talents better for their comeback films...

And Priyadarshan's new film Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal which... looks okay! Paresh Rawal, Om Puri, and Shreyas Talpade...

4 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

Is it just me or does Sridevi, as she's looking at her husband when he says "My wife, she was born to make laddoos," look THE spitting image of Anushka Sharma? I've seen that exact face on Anushka a million times.

Mo Pitz said...

Oh goodie. Another "Americans are Assholes" movie. Also, I swear I want to start a casting company strictly for international productions that come here and ALWAYS pick horrific english-speaking actors.

Filmi Girl said...

@BT I'll have to watch again~ it's a memorable face for sure, though!

@Mo I didn't get that impression at all! If anything America is like the reverse "Marigold Hotel" where she can find herself... and a hunky European flirtation.

Arjun Bhatt said...

Kamaal dhamaal is the remake of a malayalam movie Marykkundoru kunjadu meaning (Mary had a little lamb) which was released in 2010

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl