Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Gossip Post!

Are you in Cary, North Carolina? I wish I was... SHOLAY ON THE BIG SCREEN!

Friday August 24th! For only $3!

If you are in the area, do go out and see a classic!!

* Another nuisance law suit for Shahrukh Khan...

"Shah Rukh Khan has been booked under sections of Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971. The case was registered on August 14 and has been transferred to Mumbai police for further investigation. The case documents consist some photos and videos too," a police officer said.

* Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela heroine has the media (and me) all confused.

There are a couple stories today insisting that Deepika has been cast opposite Ranveer and the two of them have been hobnobbing around town because of it but just Friday people were still saying it's Kareena but SLB hasn't confirmed anything.

I guess I'd be okay with Dippy in the film but I'm dreading the inevitable Ranveer-Dippy linkup saga that will get cooked up if they do choose her. At least with Bebo, the media is content with the Saifeena Wedding Saga they have going on.

* The Joker box office is going to be fascinating to watch. I really hope it does well but... I think we're all worried that Shirish's vision just won't connect with audiences who aren't me.

Akshay has this to say:

"Having said that, it would be highly unfair on any film to expect such huge openings every time. Joker is a fun film, but the fact that it's for the younger generation, it may help predict the kind of business the film can really do at the box office. All films need support more than they need figures", smiles Akshay before signing off.

They are really pushing the "for kids" angle, which I assume is an attempt to preempt the critics dragging out the "brainless" tag.

Sometimes I think even if Deepa Mehta cast Akshay, critics would immediately call the film "brainless."

* Battles between Bollywood and Mumbai politicians are getting fierce.

The event that triggered Sippy's warning came on July 30, which is when MSN supporters vandalised 15 cars belonging to film stars and crew on his film set and smashed the vanity van of the well-known heartthrob John Abraham. "If we are not given the security we need, we will have no choice but to make the painful decision to move out of Mumbai to another city," Sippy said. "It's not what we want, but we have to be able to work in safety."

* Here's something interesting - utility company NTPC is going to be screening Gangs of Wasseypur for its employees at 27 project sites.

“The land requirement for Pakri Barwadih is of 2,812 acres, of which we have physical possession of 1,300 acres. There are some issues. Gangs ofWasseypur reflects the ground reality in coal mining areas,” another NTPC executive said on condition of anonymity.

I'd love to read a more coherent article on this topic.

* Juhi Chawla!! She talks Son of Sardar.

"After quite some time, I am back with a good role in a big budget Bollywood film. It is very humorous. When Ajay Devgn (actor and producer of the film) called me up for this movie, he said it is something I am good at," Juhi told US.

"This character in 'SOS' somewhere takes me back in time, when I used to do light hearted movies. I am happy and excited about this movie. I hope the audience likes it," she said.

I'm sure we will!

* More casting rumors for Priyanka Chopra... this time it's Tarun Mansukhani who is supposed to be casting Miss Piggy.

What’s more, Tarun also desires to cast Pee Cee’s costar from Dostana, Abhishek Bachchan opposite her in this film. Ahem ahem. And we hope that’s okay with Bachchan Jr, who was miffed with Priyanka for calling herself AB’s favourite actor when Abhishek had always maintained that it was wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who ruled his pet-partner list.

* Imran Khan to act with uncle Aamir in Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay?

* Amitabh joins Facebook.

* And a new film for Bala to be released in October!

4 comments:

Dr. Dang said...

I am in Cary nc

Filmi Girl said...

What are you waiting for!? Go see Sholay!! :D

Dr. Dang said...

i wish i could..but kids ..and other responsibilities will prevent me...:(

Dr. Dang said...

Sensing an opportunity, the neighbouring state of Gujarat has already offered itself as an alternative location. The offer is understandable, as its film industry is huge. It churns out 1,000 films a year, employs some 2.5 million people and is worth US$3 billion (Dh11bn).
Hi, hi...I think it would be best for Bollywood to either move to London or Buffalo..since that starts with B. Plus American economy would benefit. Bollywood has always been a secular industry. If the politicians do not want them then then can bring their 3 billion dollars here to states..and help trigger American economy...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl