Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday Gossip!

Who is going to see Ek Tha Tiger again this weekend?! It's staying on another week in my theater, with the Boman-Farah film taking the other screen. Cute as that one looks, I can't see going out of my way to watch it on the big screen. It seems more like a DVD view.

Anyways!

* Sanjay Dutt to go back to jail?

* Ram Gopal Varma's Satya sequel hits a road bump and might not be able to use the Satya 2 title... which kind of defeats the purpose, no? Aren't most of these sequels just an excuse to use a title of a film everybody knows and (presumably) liked?

* Randeep Hooda's interviews always amuse. He has such an inflated sense of his own abilities... apparently he was really in demand but RGV prevented his superstardom.

Apparently, RGV discouraged the actor from taking up Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Rang De Basanti and he admits that he was silly to turn it down. "I was offered Rang De Basanti. Ramu remarked that I wasn’t the leading man, asked how much money I was getting, etc…. I got a lot of advice from a lot. I worked on eight films with first-time directors. I met many people, and each time I thought the person was my Martin Scorsese. Then there came a time when I stopped reading the papers or hanging out with filmi people. The lack of success can even make you look different. It takes the energy out of you and that’s what happened to me."

* Salman Khan charged 50 crores for Ek Tha Tiger. And he earned it.

* Shirya Saran added to the Jimmy Shergill movie. I approve.

* Is Randeep Hooda playing Imran Khan? No, not the soppy one - this one.

* Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor for Yash Raj! The two are apparently playing best friends who fall for the same girl.

I haven't seen Arjun act but - as we all know - I am firmly on Team Ranveer. That boy has got the IT FACTOR in spades.

* Are beauty pageants passe? I hope not. I may be a super-feminist but... I love beauty pageants. There is something about the confidence of a pageant girl that just isn't matched by models...

Describing Bollywood as a major roadblock, Shonal Rawat, Femina Miss India Asia Pacific 2003, said: "Bollywood might be the reason that girls are not interested in getting into such pageants. I believe the young generation simply gets attracted by short-term fame they receive during their initial days and this somehow stops them from looking at different career options."

She also feels that girls lack the right attitude. "Miss India requires the culmination of different things like poise, confidence, looks and intelligence. It is about the whole packaging needed to win the crown."

* Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar announce their next film - Fukrey.

I'm not sure about this... about a third of their films I've loved and the other two thirds I've hated.

* Bebo and Ranbir to appear on Indian Idol 6 together.

* Rishi Kapoor to play another villain!

2 comments:

KimT said...

Are you planning to see Ishaqzaade soon? I'd love to hear your opinion. I would love an Arjun/Ranveer bromance and I think Parineeti would be the best opposite the pair.

Thelondongirl said...

lool Fukrey might be Delhi slang, but in london, fuckery is a f**ked up situation, or happening, came from the caribbean immigrants kind of. as for the sallu film, not if i can help it. thats a film i'll wait to see on dvd. @filmigirl.. you should have a read of Ram Gopal Verma's tweets he's so irreverent, a bit of a wanker, but he makes me laugh.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl