Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday Gossip!

Hello, everybody!! Counting down the days until I get to see Ek Tha Tiger!!

Last night I happened to catch a very sweet film called Eclair about an orphan boy growing up during the tail end of World War II and the thing he loved most was sweets. I was sitting in a row of women and at the end of the film we were all sniffling. It's worth a watch if you enjoy sentimental films and it comes near you!

* This podcast on inventing languages for films mentions Joker. I haven't listened yet so let me know how it is!

* I'm only pointing this piece on Bollywood's view of Pakistan out because the one comment cracked me up.

This complex relationship has been depicted in films like in fiction where there has demonisation of Pakistan usually in cheap novels and there are works which capture a more nuanced understanding, films are no different it is just author has choosen to view it in certain fashion.

OH SNAP! Somebody just got zung.

* Tigmanshu Dhulia thinks people from outside Bombay are "rooted."

"People who come from outside Mumbai are very rooted. They have a vast scale of experience of life and that gives a realistic feeling to their films. People who are from Mumbai are very urban-centric, but it's not their fault. For people here, India begins and ends in Mumbai."

Ah~ romanticizing the countryside, are we? I guarantee there are people from Mumbai who have experienced a "vast scale" of life. It all depends on how you look at things.

* For example, I think we can say that Ameesha Patel probably has experienced a lot... she's just been evicted from her Juhu apartment.

* Another "vast scale" girl - Kangana Ranaut got snapped wearing glasses. That's why I'm linking this... Kangana Ranaut in glasses.

* Find out Vidyut Jammwal's fitness routine.

* Profile of Anurag Kashyap in Open Magazine.

Among his other interests is laying bare the subcultures of a city, as seen in most of his films. “I am fascinated by the ghettos, the underground sections of society. I remember I had to travel to Brazil once. Three, four days before my departure, I ordered books by a Brazilian crime writer through an express service and read all of them. I explored São Paulo’s subculture through his books. This is my modus operandi while travelling—find a local writer and get to the heart of the ghettos of the place.”

I don't think "ghetto" is the word he wants. * Gangs of Wasseypur scriptwriter talks about his next projects.

The story is based in Bihar and is not like Ishqzaade . It is totally different, never seen before in Bollywood," he added. However, Zeishan did not divulge details about the project as they are based on real life people and incidents. "All I can say is the journey, incidents are all real...They will not be changed in the film. The name of the person, location and timeline will be changed," he said adding that by September he will start approaching directors.

* And other member of Team Kashyap is making a controversial film. Shlok Sharma to direct Nawazuddin Siddiqui in a film about a teacher who seduces his student.

* Nargis Fakhri is really awful.

I don't know how to behave like a nice Indian woman. I don't know if it's a foreign thing or not but I am very animated as a person. And this is what I noticed after seeing myself in Rockstar. Nobody told me that I need to be more subtle. I was just being natural.

I can't even, y'all... Imtiaz Ali has a lot to answer for, forcing this dingbat upon us.

* Shootout at Wadala to release May Day 2013.

3 comments:

Abhijit said...

FG, I know you love Vidyut J and all, but a) spending 9 hours each day just working out is clearly a disorder (exercise bulimia is the technical term, I believe) and b) being able to spend 9 hours each day just working out is clearly a sign of a person who isn't getting any other "real" work, such as, oh I don't know, just taking a wild guess here, acting in a movie etc.

Filmi Girl said...

@abhijit You hit the nail on the head, my friend. It did seem a bit much... which is why I posted it.

Sarthak said...

So this Eclair is the 2011 Japanese movie ?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl