Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday Gossip!

Ladies, today it's all about loving your brothers!

(Even if those brothers are Saif and Salman!)


* NDTV celebrates Raakhi with brothers they love!

Ranbir Kapoor: Generation four of Bollywood's first family is making the Kapoor name proud. Ranbir's real sister is jewellery designer Riddhima. His famous cousins are Karisma and Kareena, daughters of his uncle Randhir Kapoor. And we hear that Ranbir and Kareena may soon play siblings for reel, in Zoya Akhtar's next film.

* Eid 2013 will be SHER KHAN, BABY!

* Posters for Jism 2 have been ordered to be taken down for being too "bold."

* A certain line in the Heroine trailer angers Dubai.

A press conference scene from the trailer out last week shows Kareena Kapoor rebuking journalists saying: “You people should be writing scripts. If a heroine buys a car, it’s given to her by a businessman, if she goes to LA, she’s getting plastic surgery done and, God forbid, if she goes to Dubai, you people make her a rate card.”

All I know is what I've been reading about organized crime and its ties to Dubai...

* Speaking of ladies who go to Dubai, Oneindia asks if Bipasha's Raaz 3 character based on Ameesha Patel.

* Enjoy a photo gallery of a parade of has-beens plus a couple legit bold face names at the Vogue Beauty Awards.

* I guess Katrina really does have a nice voice - she will be singing for Dhoom 3 and perhaps the Untitled Time Warp Film as well.

* Anupama Chopra talks to Anushka Sharma.

Anupama Chopra: Anushka, let me start with an honest admission. When I first saw “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi,” I had a very lukewarm response to you and I think I wasn’t the only one.

Anushka Sharma: A lot of people did.  Actually, I’m really glad that you’re saying this because after “Band Baaja Baaraat” a lot of journalists kept telling me that you hit big time right after your first film and I had to actually correct them and say: “No, listen, that did not happen. I did not turn into an overnight star like other people did.”

* Anu's Rab Ne PIC pays Rs 100 fine for smoking in public.

The Student of the Year promo is being launched ~ I'll try to update with it if I can.

ETA:

3 comments:

SunnyBlueSky said...

Is it just me or the trailer of SOTY is absolutely boring?

Sal said...

I think the Dubai reference in the Heroine trailer is to the rumors that abound of Sheikh-types inviting Bollywood actresses for extracurricular activities. I've heard that sort of thing for years now.

Sal said...

Also, how gorgeous does Kajol look at the Vogue awards? She's really been stepping up her style game lately. Also, I'm clearly going to watch the hell out of SOTY. It has all my favorite things in the world - rich-kid schools, love triangles, eye-popping song-and-dance sequences, and impossible amounts of K.jo-fied glamor.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl