Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Gossip! Song promo edition!

Happy Saturday! It's late summer here in DC and we're starting to feel autumn coming on... time just flies so fast.


* A.K. Hangal is in critical condition and on life support. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

* An entertaining look at Ek Tha Tiger from somebody who went to Trinity College.

Starring heartthrob Salman Khan, described as the Sylvester Stallone of India, and leading lady Katrina Kaif, whose luminous beauty transcended the need for any make-up according to the Times of India, Ek Tha Tiger may be the most bizarrely entertaining thing you’ll see in cinemas this year. Best described as a comedic espionage-romantic-thriller musical, it offers such varied plotlines as death by towel, the sale of missile secrets to Pakistan by a bumbling scientist, “Pinocchio – a Riverdance Musical”, the disaster of a runaway Luas, and fetishizes the pouring of milk into a bucket. Twice. I loved it.

* Arbaaz Khan on Dabangg 2.

"Abhi to bass shuruaat hai but one thing is sure that I want to be engulfed by positive people and positive energy. That helps you do things better and be clearer about what you want to do. Instead of proclaiming that 'Oh, so what's the big deal in calling the shots', it is better to evaluate your decision on an every day basis", he says.

* And I've been seeing this around... Salman Khan's health may prevent him from doing stunts in Sher Khan.

* Mid-Day theorizes on the split between Akshay and Shirish.

* Ameesha Patel says she's excited to work with Sunny Deol again.

Speaking to media Patel said, “After (over) 10 years Sunny (Deol) and I comeback post Gadar for Bhaiyyaji Superhitt and the film is turning out phenomenal. It's got Sunny and me in a completely new avatar."

Oh lordy, this is going to be one for the Box Office Poison series.

* Vijay to do a remake of Ek Tha Tiger?

* And Diana Penty is acting pricey.

"Saaiyaan" from Heroine... I kept waiting for Emraan Hashmi to pop out.

"Hari Bol" from Oh My God - which looks like a lot of fun!

"Kukuduku" from Shirin Farhad... the more I see of this film, the less I think I'd enjoy it.

"Dariya Ho" from Kamaal Dhamaal. I'm always struck by how Shreyas Talpade looks like the platonic ideal of handsome, yet we usually see him in comedy roles. Maybe that makes him funnier?



1 comment:

Bombay Talkies said...

Well I'll say this about Heroine--Arjun Rampal is looking seriously gorgeous. And it's so hard for me to wrap my head around Randeep Hooda these days. To me he's still the "idiot" from Monsoon Wedding. I think it's the beard...it's got to go.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl