Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Gossip!!

Goooooo~oooood morning, world! I'm channeling my inner RJ Janhavi.

Let's see what is what today!

* Sad news first - fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta has passed away.

* Dear Berlin: We're sorry.

* Advance booking opens for Talaash.

* Ek Tha Tiger is about 60% booked up already and people are already asking how long before it reaches the 100 Crore Club.

(And I don't know how I missed this...)

* Ileana D'Cruz to star opposite Shahid in Rajkumar Santoshi's next.

* Imran and Sonakshi's Milan Talkies to start shooting in February.

”‘Milan Talikes’ is a love story set in today’s time. It’s about two lovers who find it difficult to express their love for each other. For ‘Milan Talkies’ Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha have been finalised. The film will go on floors early next year by February or March,” the director told IANS.

Well, if you want somebody to play a boring loverboy - Imran Khan is your guy. Seriously, though, I hope this isn't the actual story because YAWN. Express yourself or move on. I don't want to watch that for 2 hours.

* I don't know what to make of this story. Is this PC's press team putting out rumors or is this Jha's team pressuring Bebo to sign up and fast?

A source very close to Jha whispers, “Prakash has zeroed in on Kareena. But last week he received a message from Priyanka saying she was interested in doing ‘Satyagraha’. Prakash didn’t take that seriously. But a few days ago Priyanka’s secretary Chand Mishra met Prakash and urged him to hold on with the final decision until she returns from the US in September after recording her music album.

Or is it somebody just trying to stir up trouble?

* After his success with Vicky Donor, John Abraham is producing RGV's Satya 2. I can only hope JA Fitness regime extends to trimming the self-indulgent fat from RGV's filmmaking.

* Troubles with the production company don't seem like they will end soon, so Rohit Shetty pays the crew of Bol Bachchan out of his own pocket.

* Sridevi talks!

The movie that shot you to fame, Himmatwala, is being remade...

I know. But that's fine. Himmatwala was no Mughal-E-Azam. I really wouldn't mind seeing the remake.

* Profile of Vidya Balan over at Open.

“I was brought up in such an environment that my sex or gender was never seen as a disadvantage,” she says, “I never saw any limits to what I could do. I was loved unconditionally. The judgement of people never mattered, and hence I was not quick to judge others as well. I never even knew that a certain body type was an issue.”

* Salman Khan gets a new singing voice - Shadab Faridi, a young sufi singer.

* Preity Zinta gets ignored by Salman but it could be worse - he could have told her to her face how terrible the trailer of Ishkq in Paris looks.

* This Jackie Shroff starrer sounds pretty interesting...

Cover Story is a two-character film revolving around a well-known journalist and a famous movie star. Shroff plays an award-winning political and war correspondent who is assigned to interview one of the most popular actresses of the country, played by Nayar.

It's a remake of a Dutch film called The Interview...

* Representations of Russia in Bollywood film.

Of late filmmakers have discovered the picturesque locales of Russia and quite a few movies are being filmed there. Lucky No Time for Love (2005) was shot entirely in Russia. The film starring Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai lookalike, Sneha Ullal is the story of love between children of Indian diplomats to Russia during a hypothetical civil war.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl