Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Gossip!

Sorry, guys, it's been kind of hectic over at Team Filmi Girl Headquarters the last couple weeks but I am working on my Golmaal 3 write-up for the 100 Crore Club series. I can't believe there are TWO new members since I started this series!

Remember a few years ago when every film was just flopping? It's nice to see so many hits!

And if you haven't seen Ek Tha Tiger yet (or if you have) - check out the SPOILER FREE review over at The Bollywood Fan. I agree 100% with what he has to say.


* Review round up of Shirin Farhad.

"The concept is unique, but Sehgal messes up the execution. The jokes are forced and reflect none of the sharp Parsi humour that we are used to. Where it could have turned out to be an endearing love story between two people who are looking for love and companionship, Sehgal subjects us to random gags and toilet humour that isn't even funny," writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar, Reuters.

* Ah... so the media has Oscar winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty throwing shade at Satyamev Jayate saying that post-production sound mixing was used to "emotionally blackmails" the audience.

But Resul himself took to twitter to say the meaning of his words was twisted to stir controversy.

Sounds about right.

* Is Akshay upset with Farah for roping in Shahrukh for Joker promotions?

Maybe. But my feeling is Akki is distancing himself from the film in case it flops~ but if it's a hit, we'll see him back in the spotlight.

* Dippy is confirmed for Ram Leela? Maybe? Let's hope SLB knows what he's doing... he pulled a lovely performance out of Aishwarya in Hum Dil De when she was still finding her acting legs, so... there is hope.

* Hema Malini is done with filmmaking.

"I am not meant for that, my gestures are different, so I dance. If you to tell me to work in a film, I will, I act well, I can do that. But I will not produce a film," she added.

* Bipasha, Bipasha! Bips talks Raaz 3.

"Once you achieve success, you just want to work, you don't want to be forgotten. It is an emotion that every actor worldwide, male or female, goes through," said the 33-year-old, who plays an actress whose career is on the downfall in her forthcoming film " Raaz 3".

* Sanjay Dutt wants the producers of Samy remake to pay his staff.

* Student of the Year screenwriter Niranjan Iyengar talks about himself and the craft.

And yet there is so much to learn, isn't it? 
Yup! One of the most fortunate things about my career is that I am probably the only dialogue writer who sits on the sets of a movie. I also have interacted with all these actors as a journalist and as a designer. So they aren't conscious of the fact that I am on the sets. I do the reading with them before a scene if required. Apart from that, I love being on the sets of a film. There's so much to learn from being at the epicentre of movies.

It actually makes sense that somebody who is used to listening to the rhythms of speech in doing interviews would get into dialogue writing. I bet Truman Capote would have been great at dialogues.

* Salman goes back to Ireland for Dabangg 2.

JIIVA JIIVA! Trailer for Mugamoodi! This looks like so much fun!

And finally a promo for Barfi that doesn't make me need an insulin shot.

3 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

That new Barfi! promo really is great, And I was already sold after the Amelie one ,really looking forward to this.

Jess said...

I know some don't like the Amelie feel of Barfi, but it's starting to charm me I think.
Still can't decide whether or not to see Shirin Farhad in theaters, if they even have it.
A Dabangg 2 song in Ireland? It's details like this that worry me a lot about the sequel, which makes me sad.

theBollywoodFan said...

Thanks so much for the link, Filmi Girl!

That Resul has to take to Twitter to clarify on "emotional blackmail" is insane! But at least he and the several others in his position can communicate with the public without a middle-man today.

Also, I don't know what to make of Akki, Farah Khan, and Joker. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I finally feel like I'm starting to get back in the loop. Thanks, as always, for your posts. :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl