* Director BR Ishara has passed away.
* Rajesh Khanna left behind a recorded message for his fans.
* Manoj Kumar decides to skip a birthday party for this 75th out of respect for Rajesh's passing.
* A lovely interview with lovely Mumtaz!
• But Shammiji was keen to marry you… I was all of 18, I was in love with Shammi Kapoor during Brahmachari. He wanted me to give up my career. I had my family to look after. I had lost my mother during Boond Jo Ban Gaye Moti.
* Mira Nair's The Reluctant Fundamentalist will open the Venice Film Festival in August.
* The trailer for Student of the Year drops August 2nd. I feel like this film has been YEARS in the making.
* Rumors of Deepika doing I are false but more importantly she mentions this:
Speaking to media persons in Mumbai, the actress, who is making her Kollywood debut with Superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming film 'Kochadaiyaan', said, "I got a google alert about it, but they are all rumours. I am not doing Shankar's film."
Yes, Deepika Padukone has a google alert set for herself. Hi, Deepika!!! Does this mean I need to refer to her by nickname if I don't want her reading what I have to say? From now on she's Peedika Dapukone.
* MORE interesting is that Priyanka's press team will not pass up a chance to spread casting rumors (because we all know producers love it) and have jumped on the I bandwagon.
Reports suggest that Piggy Chops has been approached by the producers of the film an year ago.
Right... were these reports named "Priyanka Chopra Press Release?"
A quick Google news search reveals nothing said about this a year ago.
* Non-actress Mugdha Godse will be seen in Heroine. The Bandar-car must owe her something.
* The sketchiest lady in Bollywood stopped by customs... again. Guess who?
* How is it possible for Jackky Bhagnani so unappealing? I'm not sure who is the doucheist producer's son - Jackky, Harman, Adhyayan, or Uday?
* You all remember Uday Chopra's alterego? No? refresh your memory here.
And then you can fully appreciate the hilarity behind THE RETURN OF DAYA PROCHU!
Daya Prochu is an original addition by Uday Chopra. He is shown to be a fun school-going boy and Chopra feels that everyone will be able to relate to him.
"Daya is a school child and his thoughts are different. We all have a Daya Prochu in us. We have all been bullied, but his character bullies other people. It's a fun character," he added.
So... Daya Prochu is a "fun" bully? Great. Sounds real "fun," Uday. Even your alterego is a mega-douche.
* The next chapter in the media-saga of Saifeena: A Wedding Story? WEDDING CALLED OFF... (?)
There is no official confirmation regarding this.
Oh, okay, then.
* Saif Ali Khan's forehead says confirmation coming in two months.
* Will Sanjay Dutt head down to Sandalwood?
* And Satyamev Jayate Season 2.