Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WEDNESDAY gossip post!

For those reading this soon after I post - UTV is doing a live stream of the Heroine trailer launch. Could be boring - could be fun...


* Director BR Ishara has passed away.

* Rajesh Khanna left behind a recorded message for his fans.

* Manoj Kumar decides to skip a birthday party for this 75th out of respect for Rajesh's passing.

* A lovely interview with lovely Mumtaz!

•    But Shammiji was keen to marry you…

I was all of 18, I was in love with Shammi Kapoor during Brahmachari. He wanted me to give up my career. I had my family to look after. I had lost my mother during Boond Jo Ban Gaye Moti.

* Mira Nair's The Reluctant Fundamentalist will open the Venice Film Festival in August.

* The trailer for Student of the Year drops August 2nd. I feel like this film has been YEARS in the making.

* Rumors of Deepika doing I are false but more importantly she mentions this:

Speaking to media persons in Mumbai, the actress, who is making her Kollywood debut with Superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming film 'Kochadaiyaan', said, "I got a google alert about it, but they are all rumours. I am not doing Shankar's film."

Yes, Deepika Padukone has a google alert set for herself. Hi, Deepika!!! Does this mean I need to refer to her by nickname if I don't want her reading what I have to say? From now on she's Peedika Dapukone.

* MORE interesting is that Priyanka's press team will not pass up a chance to spread casting rumors (because we all know producers love it) and have jumped on the I bandwagon.

Reports suggest that Piggy Chops has been approached by the producers of the film an year ago.

Right... were these reports named "Priyanka Chopra Press Release?"

A quick Google news search reveals nothing said about this a year ago.

* Non-actress Mugdha Godse will be seen in Heroine. The Bandar-car must owe her something.

* The sketchiest lady in Bollywood stopped by customs... again. Guess who?

* How is it possible for Jackky Bhagnani so unappealing? I'm not sure who is the doucheist producer's son - Jackky, Harman, Adhyayan, or Uday?

* You all remember Uday Chopra's alterego? No? refresh your memory here.

And then you can fully appreciate the hilarity behind THE RETURN OF DAYA PROCHU!

Daya Prochu is an original addition by Uday Chopra. He is shown to be a fun school-going boy and Chopra feels that everyone will be able to relate to him.

"Daya is a school child and his thoughts are different. We all have a Daya Prochu in us. We have all been bullied, but his character bullies other people. It's a fun character," he added.

So... Daya Prochu is a "fun" bully? Great. Sounds real "fun," Uday. Even your alterego is a mega-douche.

* The next chapter in the media-saga of Saifeena: A Wedding Story? WEDDING CALLED OFF... (?)

There is no official confirmation regarding this.

Oh, okay, then.

* Saif Ali Khan's forehead says confirmation coming in two months.

* Will Sanjay Dutt head down to Sandalwood?

* And Satyamev Jayate Season 2.

6 comments:

Thelondongirl said...

FG can we start a petition to just never ever see Uday "ratboy" ever again? its not often that just watching someone makes my flesh crawl but ... urrrggh. and why wouldnt you want Dippy reading what you write? c'mon girl dont be scurred. and great another season of Mr. Earnest, how thrilling.

Moimeme said...

Re Saif-Kareena wedding, please see this article: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2012072520120725024059796ca8dd2c5/Bebo-develops-cold-feet-calls-off-October-wedding.html

especially the third from the end paragraph. I think this complication over the Pataudi trust inheritance, and Kareena's statement that she won't convert to Islam, may be the real reason for the delay, while they try to sort out the issue. Sharmila Tagore made an oblique reference to this in an earlier interview (a few weeks ago), where, in talking about Kareena not converting, she said, "It won't matter, because Saif's son is Muslim in any case."

Of course, all the articles on Kareena losing out films due to her marriage are coming from Subhash K. Jha, the intrepid and infallible Bollywood reporter (not!)

Yunus Perveez said...

Yay for Peedika Dapukone :-) always felt it had a nicer ring to it

Moimeme said...

@FG & Yunus: The only thing is that "Deepika" means "source of light", while "Peedika" is pretty close to the word meaning "source of misery." :)

Filmi Girl said...

@LondonGirl I will be the FIRST person to sign that petition!! He sure is a "fun guy" aka a fungi. ;P

@Moimeme Oh, interesting. I was running a bit late this morning and didn't check the MM like I usually do. To be honest, I've had my doubts that this wedding will actually happen since they first started dating.

@Asim Peedika probably has a Google Alert set for that, too. But what if we wanted to throw her a surprise party?! SURPRISE RUINED PEEDIKA!

Bombay Talkies said...

Someone got ahead of themselves with the trailer...hit Youtube ahead of the actual launch. Looks equal parts totally trashy/awful and fun. Halkat Jawani sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Qn_ALNk3w

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl