Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday Gossip - the best of the rest.

Somehow, it just didn't feel right to combine snark with all those heartfelt tributes...

So here is everything else that is happening today:


* But we all know who is saddest of all today. Not the family or fans but... Priyanka Chopra, whose birthday news coverage has been pushed back to page Z of the paper, behind the speculation of Salman throwing Katrina a surprise party. Too bad, PC! Better luck next year! (Now if only she'd give us some bitchy quotes like Melissa Joan Hart did that one time she was bumped from the cover of People magazine when Farrah Fawcett died.)

* Shotgun is undergoing bypass surgery... my thoughts are with him and his family. Stay strong, sir!

* Saif Ali Khan to do a UP gangster film? I believe the only letters that can fully capture my reaction to seeing the smooth-faced "30" year old Saif playing a tough UP gangster are: L.O.L.

* Aamir Khan to shoot a promotional song for Talaash.

* Vindu Singh wants to make a film on his father Dara.

* Update on Surya's Singham 2.

* Superstar Vijay to do another Bollywood cameo.

* Anjali from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is all grown up and ready to re-enter films!

* Sure, Sajid Khan, "a hacker" has been asking actresses for nudie photos...

* Update on the nuisance case filed against the celebrities who performed during the IPL Inaugural Show.

* The Censor Board refuses to certify Jism 2.

* Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum scriptwriter Sachin Yadri and I have different definitions of vulgar.

* Aditi Rao Hydari signs Murder 3.

* Next up, Arbaaz Khan will remind us that water is wet and the Earth is round:

Of course, star kids have the edge and advantage of being associated with the star families. They grow up in the film family so they know how things work and what they have to do," Arbaaz said at the premiere of the movie "Challo Driver" here.

And UTV uploaded a little series of "making-of" for Barfi.

2 comments:

Abhijit said...

Re Saif playing a UP gangster, I thought he played Langda Tyagi really well in Omkara, just the right mix of sleaze and swagger. The guy is not incapable of playing one again, I suppose.

Filmi Girl said...

Abhijit, my friend, 3 years ago I would have agreed with you but... I think he now looks too "plastic" to play a character like that. Unless I'm seriously missing something, UP gangsters don't have brow lifts and hair plugs.

Now, if he wanted to play a sleazy, wealthy Dubai gangster... that I can see.

That article also quotes him as saying he doesn't want to do another "Langda" so who knows what kind of character this will be.

It's not impossible, I suppose.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl