Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Gossip!

A big congratulations to Gagan Narang for his bronze medal in shooting!

And thank you to everybody for indulging my ramblings about my favorite bar. ♥ I do highly recommend you check out the episode of Bar Rescue if you enjoy reality TV at all.
* Troubles for Detroit concert promoter Deepak Kumar. Turns out his side business in dealing Oxycontin is not exactly legal.

* I am surprisingly okay with this - Deepika Padukone to play Juliet opposite Ranveer SIngh in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela.

What was that, Priyanka's Press Team? Did you have something to say?

* Prabhu Deva starts shooting his next film - a remake of Nuvvostanante Nenodattana - on Monday.

* Fact: Salman Khan is the best interview subject ever.

"When I was promoting 'Tere Naam', I was telling people to see the film but never to follow the role. The character is a loser. A girl leaves him and he keeps on crying... move on, there are other girls. I don’t take terms like bhai too seriously. If you start thinking about it, it doesn’t look natural. I say go with the flow. Abhi achcha time hai, but the worst thing about good time is also that it doesn’t last forever (laughs). Actually I have had quite a long run."

* Arunoday Singh on Jism 2:

"Well, for you men out there, the selling factor may be Sunny. But then women are also going to watch the film, right? For them, we men are there."

What do you say, ladies? Are Arunoday and Randeep enough to get you into the theater?

* Is Kangana looking to take up direction?

* Mahie Gill talks Zanjeer

“That’s right. I play a very horny Mona Darling. I’m constantly lusting after Prakash Raj. But every time we are close to doing ‘it’ something or the other happens to spoil it. So eventually I am a very lustful but frustrated Mona."

Um... Prakash Raaj is cute and all but this sounds like a gag right out of Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum. The more I hear about Zanjeer, the worse it sounds.

Trailer for Raaz 3! I actually really liked Raaz 2 - we'll see if this one is as good... it does look promising...ly trashy!

4 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

Why couldnt they just cast Mahie in the lead, wouldnt she have made an awesome knife sharpner?

I will try to check out that link as your piratey ways really do intrigue me :-)

Filmi Girl said...

Right? This whole remake sounds like big fat mess.

Instead of a knife sharpener, the heroine runs a European cafe? Instead of a vamp, we have Mahie forced to do "Super Kool" style "adult" humor?

The next thing we hear, Cherry will be dropping his drawers Tusshy style.

Filmi Girl said...

And that bar is THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!

If you ever come to DC, I'll take you. :D

(Laura) said...

Yikes about the Detroit area concert promoter. I was at that rescheduled AR Rahman show at the Pontiac Silverdome. It was really great. The stage collapse was no joke - it's a miracle nobody died.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl