* I don't know why I find this so cute but... Jackie-uncle doesn't know how the Internet works and wants to sue "somebody" over the video of him cursing going viral.
Jackie grievance pertains to the sneaking and underhand way the video was out. “Why after so many years? It’s mischievous and uncalled-for. Friends have advised me to sue. I don’t know how internet crimes are dealt with. I’m going to consult my lawyers as soon as I return to Mumbai.”
Oh, Jackie Shroff! How about you just make sure I get a DVD of your Tamil language gangster film instead. Mmkay? Much better use of your time, unless you plan on having your lawyer send a cease-and-desist notice to everybody on Twitter who RT'ed it.
* Aamir's son Junaid will be assisting Raj Kumar Hirani on his new film. The article makes it sound like it was Junaid's idea and that he loves but I wonder if he doesn't just love his dad and want to please him.
* Shekhar Kapur still has Paani in the works!
* Saif-Bebo wedding postponed to December.
* O ho ho! And now SLB is bitter that Bebo signed a film with Karan Johar after walking out of Ram Leela.
Shouldn't he really be mad at himself for not accommodating Miss Thing's wedding? At an event to promote Bela Saigal’s debut film, Shirin Farhad...co-produced by Bhansali and Eros, the producer-filmmaker was conspicuous by his absence. More so because, KJo was one of the star guests. And if insiders are to be believed, Bhansali’s decision to stay away from the event may have something to do with a heroine one lost, and the other gained recently, Kareena Kapoor.
OR is this story all bullshit and SLB was never supposed to come anyways...
But a friend of the filmmaker attributed the absence to the music recording of his next, Ram Leela. “If you notice, Bhansali attends only the launch and first look events for his films. He never comes for the other promotions,” added the friend.
And lo the Mumbai Mirror spins a press conference into a dramatic article.
* Karan Johar doesn't want to make epic love stories - just love stories.
* On the one hand, I'm happy that Saif and Dippy had a hit and that Cocktail wasn't as dire as it seemed from the trailers. I may rag on people but it's always nice to see a film succeed. BUT, on the other hand, old Saifu has taken exactly all the wrong lessons away from this experience. Namely, that he is still "young and happening" when, in fact, almost everybody felt he was too old for the role and that the real USP was the two girls and their friendship.
"Saif took up serious roles like KURBAAN and AARAKSHAN but not many stepped in theatres. Then he invested so much in AGENT VINOD and tried to get into a cool espionage thriller setting. On the other hand it was all fun-n-frolic in COCKTAIL and the film has turned out to be the biggest opener ever for Saif. This clearly explains that Saif has a certain set image and he should benefit out of that," a veteran filmmaker adds.
* Akshay Kumar's look in Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2 as discussed by Milan Luthria:
"We will start look tests once Akshay is free from his other commitments. His look will be close to Pacino’s (in Scarface). We are also using Mr Bachchan’s wardrobe from the ’70s and ’80s as inspiration. We will present him in a never-before-seen avatar, which is very old world, yet classy,” says Milan, adding that they will begin shooting around August-September.
* Here's an interesting little news item for those of us who like Southscope - it seems publisher Allu Sirish is moving into acting.
I always wanted to act, but never as a hero/lead actor. I had several offers, but I did not want to jump at it. Over the last two years, I became confident that I could carry the burden of the entire movie on my shoulders. This is a huge responsibility. I should live up to the expectations, yet create a distinct identity of my own.
This is SUCH a cheezy publicity stunt but... I bet it made a lot of regular people happy to stumble across three random aliens. The filmi types seem annoyed but there is one shot in there ~:40 of some regular people having fun and getting their picture taken with them.
And will MTV's Coke Studio India season 2 be better than season 1? We can only wait and find out. Check it out here.