* In what is absolutely the best story I read today, Salman Khan brought in as script doctor to Zanjeer.
According to Indian media sources, Khan told Teja, ‘You’re one of the best dancers in Indian cinema. It would be silly to not have you sing and dance.”
Sources added that Khan proposed Priyanka Chopra’s character to be more glamorous because he feels that by changing Chopra’s style and clothes, her character would appear “more attractive.”
They would be foolish NOT to listen to him!
* I wonder what Sallu-bhai has to say about ol' Piggy Chops singing one of the songs in the film.
* Filmfare South Awards winners! I'm happy to see that Ramya got an award~ I still love her, even if she is kind of prickly. The link has a slideshow, too, so you can see a scruffy Vikram holding his award.
* Tabu is REVOLVER RANI! BRING IT ON!
* Anurag Kashyap retrospective in Hamburg July 11-16.
* Jackie Shroff's Aaranya Kaandam got the audience award at the London Indian Film Festival. You have NO IDEA how much I want to see this.
* Shahrukh and Kat to perform in Hyde Park in a concert for Star TV. But...
Hyde Park is London’s largest royal park and has been used as a filming location for Yash Chopra’s next untitled project with Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif.
Is the film STILL untitled? I thought we've cycled through like five titles so far - is YRF just floating them out there to see what sticks or has the numerologist just not gotten back to them yet?
* Ek Tha Tiger promos have been banned in Pakistan. Damn. Sorry, Pakistani friends...
* The Bhatts face more trouble - this time it's Jannat 2. Because the plagiarism charges have yet to be resolved, they must deposit 10 lakhs with the high court before airing the film on television.
* Is this an FU to those Priyanka stories or what? Kareena Kapoor is now being rumored to play the prime minister in an upcoming Prakash Jha film.
All I can say is... TEAM BEBO! Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a fool if he thinks audiences won't accept a married heroine. This is 2012, not 1992.
* Prakash Jha talks cinema... and Anurag Kashyap.
"I have nothing to do with Anurag Kashyap. Why on earth shall I be compared with a director who is just a few films old? Please do not compare me with anyone. Parallel cinema is over. There was no survival of it in India. So people who talk about parallel cinema don't know the meaning. And I don't care what Anurag Kashyap is doing," an annoyed Jha said.
The piece ends with a juicy and irrelevant bit of gossip courtesy of the author about how Jha ignored Amol Gupte at some event.
* Prabhudeva talks remakes.
"If remaking a film would have been a cakewalk, I would have done 100 movies already," he says, "I would have been the King of the world. Come on, a remake has its own difficulties that need to be tackled."
* An interview with Homi Adajania director of Cockfail. Hungama picks up on the question everybody has been asking...
Coming to know that this is what Saif does best - play the lover-boy - doesn't the lover-boy look too old now?
This is Saif doing what he does best yaar! I genuinely feel that there is an ease with which he plays such characters because somewhere there is a boyish charm in him still that he carries with him effortlessly. It's inherent. Saif is a very spontaneous actor. He doesn't sit and follow the method. He has got it in him. He can act on impulse. He doesn't try too hard. He is supposed to play an older character than the leading ladies. He doesn't want to shed the boyish madness in him in Cocktail. He doesn't want to grow up and thinks he is living in this eternal youth of his. It's that very reason that his mother played by Dimple Kapadia gets upset with him.
HA HA HA! Has Saif done something to annoy the establishment entertainment press? It's pretty funny, you have to admit. Also, that Dimple is playing his mother - we're only ten years on from Dil Chahta Hai... did Dimple have him when she was 10?
* Wait... 30% of the industry's money is currently riding on Akshay Kumar?
* Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been cast opposite Bipasha Basu in a new film.
* Ah, Mid-Day, keeping it classy by illustrating an article on Sonu Sood wanting respect with the beefcakiest picture of him ever.
Do you think Maximum was the next best logical step after Dabangg? I would say that an actor needs at least one Maximum once in their career. I am glad that critics have loved my work and I think that while Dabangg gave me the stardom, Maximum has given me the respect that I was craving for.
*From: Citizens of Planet Earth To: Neil Nitin Mukesh Subject: Can you just stop already? Dear Neil, Not only do we not care about your butthurt breakup with Asin and your attempted matching-plaid media circus with no name Sonal Chauhan but WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU NAKED. Not in Jail and certainly not in an "erotic thriller." To put it another way: no1currrrrr. Sincerely, The World
* Vashu Bhagnani has given up promoting Jackky and is instead trying to launch another Chaar Baj Gaye. No word on whether Hard Kaur is doing the rap again.
* The BBC has up a videoexplaining Bollywood dance moves.
* This is awful - a small time model was assaulted forwearing an Indian flag bikini.
It feels kind of sad to end on that note so...
Have a SUDEEP CRAZE video!