The 23-year-old Olympian notes that people's attitudes began to change two years ago after she won a gold medal in the 55 kilogram (121 pound) women's free-style wrestling division at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. "Now my grandmother, who used to want sons, says that she does not really want boys anymore. She says I'm the lion of the family."
Good luck, Geeta! We'll be cheering for you!
And onto news!
* No surprises here - Manisha Koirala has ended her marriage.
* Saif Ali Khan was bullshitting us about doing a film with Natalie Portman - which is what I assumed, which is why I didn't bother reporting it earlier.
However, Saif has now decided to break his silence otherwise the entire weekend would have gone into further media overdrive about the film, something that he felt was avoidable.
"It was a joke, I am sorry", smiles Saif, "It's just that I am very annoyed with speculations on all the aspects of my life. If this goes on, I might just start making up stories like these to entertain myself. Hope people will understand that."
While I appreciate Saif's willingness to mess with the media, he should be careful about who he angers. He doesn't have the luxuary of a "critic-proof" audience like Salman or Akshay.
* Ajay Devgn is angry at the media hype already starting over his "box office battle" with Shahrukh.
In fact, Devgn feels the socalled 'battle' is media generated and believes that no production house can actually stop another film from releasing. "The picture is already clear. Everything will be balanced. There is no other way," says Devgn and adds, "The exhibitors are sensible enough to decide which film to release where. They know how to balance things out. They can't let their business suffer. I just hope my film works. Actually, I am confident about it."
* Kat's time is squeezed between Ek Tha Tiger and Dhoom 3.
* Anushka Sharma and John Abraham top the list of best beach bodies in a recent poll.
For whatever reason, I get major secondhand embarrassment looking at Anushka in a bikini. Remnants of her wholesome image from Rab Ne and Patiala House, I suppose.
I don't have that problem with John Abraham.
* Prakash Jha's Chakravyuh to premiere at the London Film Festival.
The full song of "Kafirana" aka "I Want Fakht You" from Joker!
And the teaser for "Go Govinda"!