Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning! So... I watched 3 Idiots last night in preparation for the next piece on the 100 (200?) Crore Club. And, surprisingly enough, I actually liked it! This should be a fun one to write up.

Okay! Time for news!


* Multiplexes loved Cocktail! What tickled me was the title of the article: "Cocktail beats Kareena's EMAET, Shahid's TMK record at BO."

Kareena's EMAET. Only three heroine's who get that honor - Vidya, Kat, and Bebo. Also, it shows you how seriously people take Imran Khan's contribution to anything.

I've been hearing good things about Dippy and Diana, which makes me glad. I've never cared much for Deepika but I'm always willing to give actresses another chance to impress. I actually really liked her in as Meow-Meow in Chandni Chowk to China.

But... can somebody just smack Saif upside the head with a heavy dose of reality.

"Frankly I am not connected with critics," was Saif's one line explanation. He thought the role was appropriate for his age. "In fact, I look forward to playing similar roles in the future. At least for the next 10 years," he added.

The actor claimed that he was still '30 at heart'. "I think I look 35 at most. Certainly not 42, my real age," he said and added, "If you work and exercise the way I do, 40 is pretty young an age to be a hero in films."

HE ACTUALLY THINKS HE LOOKS 35!!! Saifu, take a look around you, buddy - Hrithik looks 35. Tusshar Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan and Vivek Oberoi look 35. YOU look like you are in your mid-40s and wealthy enough to afford "preservation."

* A new magazine on the men and women who work behind the scene in Bollywood.

* The Financial Times discusses Eros Entertainment.

* Did I write this?

Probably Priyanka has forgotten the concept of demand and supply and she desperately needs a few lessons from Aamir Khan. It is important to be choosy in Bollywood. If she keeps on accepting every offer that comes her way, the Bollywood audience will soon be get bored of her. Probably she should take the failure of 'Teri Meri Kahaani' as a hint.

It's probably just my soul mate over at IBN news.

* Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy out of Student of the Year.

* Over at Tehelka, Shougat Dasgupta takes a second look at Gangs of Wasseypur.

There is, of course, little that is ‘real’ about Gangs of Wasseypur. It is a film rooted only in cinematic reality. As with Quentin Tarantino, everything Kashyap makes is in homage to the movies he loves. Even in his more disciplined, restrained films, Black Friday and Gulaal particularly, the narrative seams are frayed, the film always on the verge of coming apart. Kashyap forces you to consider the question, ‘What is the filmmaker’s responsibility to his subject?’ The answer, in Gangs at least, appears to be none at all.

And he quotes from Susan Sontag... so... basically, I'm in opinion-page love.

BILLA 2 celebrations!!! I want to join the party!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl