Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday Gossip!

Attention people in Winnipeg - Sonu Niigaam is playing tonight! Get your tickets!

Also, the Saifeena wedding drama is already beginning to heat up. Let's just take it as a blanket statement that I don't give a fuck about wedding trousseaus and will probably be ignoring most stories about this unless something really dramatic happens or there are official photo shoots to ogle over.


* Maximum may be getting a Friday release in India but we've not NOTHING new in the theater over here this weekend. Does this mean (*gasp*) I may have to go... Hollywood? (EW!)

* Maybe we can get Ekta to distribute more films over here with her new Balaji in-house distribution wing!

* My man Nawazuddin Siddiqui keeps on keeing it real.

“Star banna boring lagta hai. Actor banna bahut achcha hai. Har character ko alag tareeke se nibhana padta hai – the problems, the difference, the challenge – karne me mazza aata hai. Star ek repetition hai…” he said with conviction in an interview to IBN 18 Network’s Editor-In-Chief, Rajdeep Sardesai.

It's a rare treat to hear somebody so frank!

* Fact: the more I hear about Cocktail the less I want to see it. According to producer Dinesh Vijan, they cast Diana Penty because she had that shy, traditional Indian look but then they had to deglam her in order to make her "less perfect." Sigh. Why am I getting visions of the She's All That formula that ponytail, glasses, and overalls = ugly.

* The Times of India is on the case of Dharam's non appearance at Esha's sangeet.

A guest who wishes to remain anonymous said, "Dharmendra was there. But he came and went very quietly. And he stayed for a short while only. He looked fine. When Esha requested for pictures with her fiance Bharat, he affectionately begged off."

* There's going to be a new biography on Dilip Kumar.

* Seriously, Subhash Ghai, as the man who made Yaadein, you really have no business being so snobby about films like Rowdy Rathore.

"There are two persons in me. I am both a producer and a director. As a producer I am willing to make such films, but as a director I will never make films to rake in money," he told reporters here.

Why does nobody question him when he says bullshit like this?

* It's Arjun Kapoor for Two States.

* Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunal Roy Kapoor for Rohan Sippy's next film.

* And young actor Sushant Singh Rajput comes from television to get a three film offer from Yash Raj. I think we'll be seeing him first in the adaptation of The Three Mistakes of My Life. Trust Abhishek Kapoor to hire real actors!

* Bipasha signs on to a horror film.

* Madhur Bhandarkar is lucky. Plagiarism charges have been dismissed but he still on the hook for copyright violation... or something.

* Sunny Leone heading to American reality television?

* Pooja Bhatt is still tilting at windmills, by which I mean the Censor Board. She is refusing to make cuts to the Jism 2 promos to get them on television.

"I refuse to join the schizophrenic creed of filmmakers who peddle smut yet crave 'respectability'. You can't have your cake and eat it too! And if I do not get a 11 p.m. slot on TV for Jism 2, I would rather go the DTH way. Amputation of one's inherent vision is for the weak," she added.

This film had better be worth all the fuss...

* Ekta Kapoor, on the other hand, doesn't have any problems pandering to the Censor Board and is making cuts to the smut peddling Kya Super Kool trailer to get it released with Bol Bachchan.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl