The other above-the-cut news is that Sunidhi Chauhan will be performing in Auckland on the 23rd. She puts on a good show so it's worth checking out for sure.
* AAMIR KHAN IN CHICAGO FOR DHOOM 3!!!
* Sad news for me: Billa 2 has been pushed back at least a week but possibly longer because of a clash with the Censor Board. Which means I'll be seeing Karthik's Saguni this weekend.
* Rohit Shetty on filmmaking.
"I got a script from one of my writers and I thought that it would be a nice sequel to ‘Golmaal'. We shot it in 68 days. There were no hassles, it got released during Diwali and was one of the biggest grossers again. But things changed for me after ‘Golmaal Returns'. We saw ‘Golmaal Returns' and thought God has blessed us because it's a horrendous film. It didn't have emotions, we were making fun of ‘Tashan' and ‘Saawariya' and there were four girls (heroines) and doing all kinds of kiddish stuff, and people liked it. But I told myself that I would not make a film like that again. I told myself that people have loved you and they have saved you, but be careful. Our writing changed after that film."
And, indeed, though G2 is funny, Golmaal 3 is the better film.
* This is a bit rich coming from the man who made the poorly reviewed collection of stereotypical film clips.
"We were never Bollywood. We have lost our identity. We are the Hindi film industry and I have a lot of pride in that because great masters here have made great movies. "It always angers me when I am called 'Bollywood'." Says Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, maker of Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told. Apparently the title is "ironic."
* Oh, Bollywood Life... stay trashy and judgemental. The leader for this article on how Gurinder Chadha is making a film on Partition with Naseer and might ask Saif Ali Khan to be in it emphasizes something completely irrelevant:
She’ll soon begin filming a movie on India’s partition, to be shot in Delhi and Jodhpur, and is keen to rope in Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan as Jawaharlal Nehru in it. Chadha, who has lost 25 kg, has already spoken to Naseeruddin Shah to play Muhammad Ali Jinnah in the film — and he’s game.
Emphasis not added by me.
Buried in the article is the part where the "central figure" of the film is going to be a white guy like "Colin Firth or Michael Fassbender." Because sadly, it's so much easier to sell a film globally with a white guy at the center.
* Kangana and Madhuri will have a dance number in Dedh Ishqiya.
* Katrina says no more item numbers.
* Sonakshi Sinha: class act. Asked to respond to Bebo's tone-deaf quote about fat not being sexy:
“I don’t believe in things what I read. She hasn’t said anything like this to me. Personally I like Kareena. She is a wonderful women and always will be."
And an a fun interview with Shotgun Junior.
Akshay's rowdy act has certainly worked, but between the two of you, who's rowdier in real life?
I think he's rowdier than me, in fact, he treated me like a boy-buddy on the sets. He punched me and pushed me around. All the lady-like charm went down the drain when the cameras were off. I became one of the guys. I was even called 'bhaisaab'!
Okay, I love when I get treated like this by guys. It's so much fun to be part of the gang! (Just like Bebo in Golmaal 3!) How much fun does the Rowdy Rathore set sound?! (To be fair, we also know that if our Khiladi tried anything with Shotgun Junior, Shotgun Senior would have his hide.)
* Connections don't help in Bollywood, says Prem Chopra's son-in-law.
* PREM CHOPRA! Images from a party he threw for his son-in-law.
* Ranveer Singh is excited to work with Bebo. To be fair, who wouldn't be?
When asked about romancing a senior actress, the actor was unperturbed about the gap between him and Bebo.”Kareena doesn’t look anywhere the age that she is. She looks much younger than many young girls around. So that thought hasn’t even crossed my mind. I’m just looking forward to having great time working with her,” he added.
Nice job with the got'cha question, Ranveer!
And clearly we have here the most important story of the day - Neil Nitin Mukesh clinging to fame almost as hard as Ameesha Patel.
And from the bastion of politically correct entertainment that is South Korea, enjoy idol group 4minute's parody version of a Bollywood video.