Okay, then... just an update from yesterday, it does look like the media consensus is now that Rajesh Khanna is in the hospital for renal failure.
And this is just awful on the media's part - they are reporting that missing starlet Laila Khan has been found in Dubai when if you read the story, all it says is that one of her "friends" picked up by the police says that she is. Unless I'm seriously missing something, she hasn't been found at all!
* For some reason I didn't realize Prachi Desai was so young! She's only 25 - which would have made her a baby opposite professional teenager Farhan Akhtar in Rock On.
"For the kind of roles I was offered, I was not interested in them. When anybody starts of, you don't want to be doing roles twice your age," the actress said.
"The reason for being offered roles much older than me was because these are the kind of characters I have done before in television as well. I got it from Rock On...I played a young wife but nobody saw me as funky or the real me. The way I am," she added.
Aw... you keep funking on the down low, Prachi!
* Dibakar Bannerjee talks being Shanghai and being an outsider in Bollywood.
I faced many insults.I repeatedly had to grovel and beg for the smallest of expenses. And when it came to stars I was treated like a second-class citizen .When we toured cities the star's room would be ready immediately.I'd sometimes have to wait five hours. And believe me,I've less reason to complain than the crew who often had to wait even longer hours for the simplest of amenities. It's the nature of the star system.
For the record, I asked Pito and he says he was misquoted about Dibakar and messaged him as much.
* Meet the winner of Australia's Bollywood Star who appears to be just the kind of fair-skinned foreign belle that Bollywood flips over. I except we'll be seeing in her bikinis and items before the year is out.
* Preity Zinta's plastic surgery is now news worthy. She's been looking Barbie-ish for years, though, in my opinion. The link has a lot of pictures from the Ishqk in Paris launch so click through if you want to see Madame Botox's smooth brow.
* Three crew members were injured on the sets of Dabangg 2. Salman will be paying their hospital bills himself.
* Katrina and Shahdi for Prabhudeva's Namak?! I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!
* An interesting little piece with the transgendered woman who appears as an erotic dancer in Gangs of Wasseypur.
"When I was nine years old, I was made to watch Satyajit Ray’s Pather Panchali. It was depressing to watch poverty and starvation, when all I wanted was to feast on the colour and glamour of Hindi movies. Luckily, there was a power cut halfway through, and I didn’t have to watch till the end,” he recalls with relief.
Have i mentioned that the promotional material for Cocktail is really turning me off? What the hell is this video? It's trying way too hard to be "edgy" and just seems... like it's trying too hard.