Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Gossip!

Today... ah, Sunday. It's usually the slowest news day of the week and today is no exception. But there is at least one story that put a spring in my step...

Enjoy!


* DHOOM 3 FINALLY KICKS OFF!!!!!! Katrina really did score a Khan hat trick this year, didn't she?

* I don't know why this tickled me but it did - Aamir Khan stops by a little shop in Bihar and makes it a hot spot!

Ironically, the shopowner had initially cribbed that Aamir's visit had caused him losses because of the commotion inside the shop. 'But after a few days, I realised that Aamir's visit had made my shop popular,' Rai said. 'Everybody would come and ask me, "Is this the shop where Aamir had eaten litties?"'

When the crowd of customers swelled later, Rai decided to put up the hoardings with pictures of Aamir's visit to his shop.

* Will Tiger Shroff finally debut? I feel like we've been hearing rumors for ages.

* Plastic Chops will be doing the Zanjeer remake in Telugu as well. She will be attempting to dub herself. Remember when I was looking forward to Cherry's Hindi language debut?

* Karan Johar is co-producing the South remake of Agneepath. Six months later, the images that stick with me from the film (besides Hrithik's pained eyes) are Rishi Kapoor at the wedding and the girl who played Hrithik's sister acting circles around old Plastic Chops.

* Mikey McCleary talks about composing for Shanghai.

Talking about Banerjee’s style, Mikey said: “There were all these pieces and I had to do it without seeing the film. This was something that Dibakar suggested. He gave me an idea of what these pieces felt like. He thought if I would work in this way, the result would be more interesting. And it was successful.”

Interestingly, the article kind of goes out of its way to establish Mikey's Indian credentials (his sister is married to Lucky Ali) and even more interestingly I felt reassured after I read that.

* Neil Nitin Mukesh is filming in Fiji and you know he ate this shit up:

Confirming this, Viki Rajani, producer of the movie said, “There was a lot of anticipation among the locals as not too many films are shot here.Also, they were very enthusiastic and could not contain their excitement of seeing the actors on the local streets. Much later, they co-operated when Neil gave them autographs and clicked pictures with them."

And have a pretty song from episode 3 of Coke Studio!

1 comment:

maxqnz said...

Interesting to read of the reaction to the filming in Fiji. Friends were on honeymoon at there at the time (ending up in the far background of some pool shots) and complained of being woken up far too early by Bollywood music and dancing! :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl