Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday News Post

The reporting on the state of Rajesh Khanna's health is nearly as confused as that on Hosni Mubarak. Rumor has it he has been admitted to the hospital.

And an update on the file sharing ban in India.

The revised decision requires the internet service providers to block only certain web-addresses (URLs) that contain the pirated material. The ISPs are not required to remove the entire website as was determined in the prior ruling.

(Meanwhile, in Japan, they just passed a law to send illegal downloaders to jail.

Can media companies just stop trying to legislate us back to 1960 and punishing their customers in the process? Have they thought about just offering products in a format people want for a reasonable price instead?)


* Ah - I'd been waiting for the Wall Street Journal review roundup of Teri Meri Kahaani. Now I know that Resham Sengar is my new hero:

Slamming the film’s “weak plot” and haphazard narrative, the critic found the film predictable: “a couple who bump into each other by sheer destiny, fall in love, face a minor hurdle that brings them on a verge of separation but they overcome it and re-unite for good each time.”

Ms. Sengar didn’t think highly of Ms. Chopra’s performance, which she thought was rather “disheartening.”

Oh, Resham... will you be my best filmi friend?

* Gangs of Wasseypur is going great guns in single screen theaters in UP and Bihar.

* I saw this rumor yesterday but it's catching on so I thought I'd repost it here: Rajini guest appearance for Dhoom 3?

* Stalker pictures of Kat and SRK shooting in London.

* Abhishek Bachchan talks flop films.

"As an actor I made a conscious decision that I don't want any excuses (for films not doing well). I don't want to say the editor did not edit it properly or this or that person did not do their work well. I don't want to point fingers at anybody. I want complete responsibility by saying that I did everything that I could do," he added.

* Ajay and Abhishek talk Bol Bachchan.

Ajay says, "We really had to push Abhishek to get him into our zone of comedy. His comedy timing pattern is different than ours."

* AND Abhi talks Aishwarya.

In an interview with a daily, the actor said, "I think it’s extremely insensitive. No one has the liberty to speak about her like the way they sometimes do. Yes, she’s a public figure, but people forget she’s also a woman and now a mother. There’s a line that’s not to be crossed."

* Rowdy Rathore prequel?

* And an interview with Rowdy Rathore producer Shabina Khan.

"I wanted to do more and that’s when I thought maybe I could get into filmmaking. Sanjay Leela Bhasali and I go back a long way. I wanted to be a part of RR the minute I heard the script,” she adds. About her debut as a producer, she says, “I was a very hands-on producer. I was actively part of all departments.”

It's great to see women getting into producing!

* Veena Malik goes topless, plays a double role. Surprisingly, everyone resisted making a joke about going topless and "double" role.

"Playing a double in reel life its new thing for me. But In real life I actually play the double role of two girls inside me one is Zahida Malik and other is Veena Malik," Veena said.

New song promo from Kya Super Kool... blah blah blah

3 comments:

maxqnz said...

Your point about the wrongheadedness of big media's approach to piracy was well illustrated by The Oatmeal, and a NZ reader of his original modified it to make it even more relevant by adding the problem of access that is generally not an issue to US users

http://theoatmeal.com/pl/game_of_thrones/nz

Filmi Girl said...

@maxqnz Actually, it can be like that in certain parts of the US, too - access to broadband Internet is NOT equal nation-wide. And unlike the telephone and electric grids, which were laid in an era when the public trusted government, the mood of the public now has been against any federal initiative to get broadband nation-wide.

Although, if you ask me, a public works project like that would have been much more useful to the American economy than tax cuts.

(And I totally feel your NZ when I try to watch things from Japan - either not available in my country or costs A BILLION DOLLARS to buy DVDs.)

Thelondongirl said...

this is your blog, but the priyanka thing dont 'arf get old. there have been good reviews and bad ones concerning her, but hey at least you found someone that can be your new priyanka 'meh' bff lol. still i will watch it defo, just have to wait for the dvd.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl