Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning!! I hope all is well with everybody today... had a bit of a pirate-y night last night. Thankfully my sister hasn't gotten up to upload the pictures yet. Heh.

OKAY! I'm going to try to hit up Dangerous Ishhq tonight but I can't promise anything. I'll try, though. It is LOLO after all. I feel a strong sense of duty to support her comeback. We over-30 ladies need to stick to together.

Now, onto news!


* Parineeti Chopra: adorable human being.

They agree that she was a misfit in an “office situation” given her predisposition to goofing around, breaking into improv imitations of co-workers, and always sub-consciously seeking the warm glow of a spotlight.

* A Bollywood theater in America struggles to find a new identity.

“People used to wait for two hours to get into my movies,” he said.

But things have changed, thanks to the proliferation of bootleg movies on DVD and the Web, as well as the increase in the number of art-film theaters and multiplexes that show Bollywood films.

“When I started showing movies in New York, you might have five copies of a popular Bollywood film in all of America,” said Mr. Gunasegaram, who lives in South Ozone Park, Queens. “Now, you have 300 copies in this country. There’s much more competition, but this is the only business I know.”

* I cannot wait to watch The Forest! Interview with director Ashvin Kumar.

How was it working with Jaaved Jafferi and Nandana Sen?

Jaaved is a wonderful actor to work with. He had got so much experience and so much talent. I really don't understand why other directors have not tapped his talent, they have used just one aspect of his ability that is comedy. He is a great actor when it comes to serious roles and can really pull off any role.

* Pictures of Veena Malik enjoying a glass of wine with a friend have caused a ruckus.

And, reportedly some right-wing Islamists have demanded action against Veena for sipping alcohol in public (the pictures show Veena drinking alcohol).

That's not all, some Indian Muslim groups have also expressed their displeasure at Veena's pictures and have sternly advocated that she should be sent back to her country.

* Lastly, Aamir's social activism is getting real results. It's really an ambitious and remarkable undertaking Aamir has embarked on.

And for no other reason than Mr. Naidu just uploaded it...

HELEN! "Main hoon Rosie!"

1 comment:

Michael Barnum said...

Yah! That Helen number was the perfect way to start off my weekend!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl