Friday, May 18, 2012

Five favorite South Asian songs of the year so far (according to my iTunes count)!

I figure "South Asian" is the safest descriptor here...

I've been on a real music kick recently and here is what my top five jams of the year so far are (in reverse order):

#5 "Tum Kaho" by SYMT as seen on Coke Studio

A late entry, this song is basically the boss and I think it will probably end up on my end of the year list. I still don't understand why I don't have a SYMT album yet. SYMT? Want to get on that for me? Thanks. Pakistani Coke Studio remains the best music show on air. Period.

#4 "Papa Toh Band Bajaye" as seen in Housefull 2

This one was given a boost from the excellent picturization. Which is excellent. It's peppy and kind of sassy and all kinds of fun! PAPA TOH BAND BAJAYE! When is Housefull 2 coming out on DVD, Sajid Khan? Soon I hope!

#3 "Chaddha" as seen in Vicky Donor

Vicky Donor had a surprisingly good soundtrack for an "indie" film! This was my favorite of the lot, it just had a smooth, easy-going feel to it.

#2 "Aa Re Pritam Pyare" as seen in Rowdy Rathore!

I cannot WAIT for this movie. Mumaith Khan shaking what her maker gave her... all I can say is UNF.

#1 "Idhazhin Oram" as seen in 3!

I know the film didn't do well but for my money this is HANDS DOWN the best album of the year so far. And this was my favorite track from it. I hope we hear a lot more from Anirudh Ravichander.

Bonus picks are: Pyar Ki Pungi from Agent Vinod and Bharat Mata Ki Jai from Shanghai.

Am I missing any ballads? I haven't been impressed with too many lately... I suppose Emraan's upcoming "sufi" number might count...

2 comments:

Raye S. said...

Tum Kaho was amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

Raye S. said...

Any news on when Housefull 2 is on DVD? It is for sale on Amazon and I found a copy on eBay, but I can't find it else where (which to my mind says it hasn't been released yet.).

Thought you would be the best person to ask, you seem in the know :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl