Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Gossip!

Just a warning, image links on some older posts may not be working for a while. I am aware of the problem and am slowing working to fix it. Please be patient!!

Okay, I lied. Another warning for sensitive souls - you probably won't enjoy this piece on Bollywood's classic rapists but for the rest of us, to quote Ranjeet: Ehhhh....

Today in gossip... assorted nonsense! Enjoy!



* I don't know why but Anupam Kher has always rubbed me the wrong way. Something about him just grates. Anyways, he talks about how Bollywood was better in the old days and how Bollywood needs to be more like Hollywood.

The 57-year-old is against the demarcation of actors as actors and character actors. "It is very wrong to differentiate between actors or character actors. It is not there anywhere except Bollywood. People classify others as a villains or a comedians. I have always fought that in my life," said the actor.

Maybe that's why he annoys me. He'll go and make a good living playing comedy uncles but has no respect for massy films nor the people who watch them. Because it's not "real" acting like they do in Hollywood.

* I have no doubts that Kajal Agarwal can hold her own against four male leads in Special Chabbis.

Being shot in Delhi and Mumbai, the film also stars Jimmy Sheirgill, Manoj Bajpayee and Anupam Kher in principal roles. In the film, which is slated for year end release, Kajal is the only female artiste. But, the actress said her character in the film made her to go for the male-dominated film. "The subject really excited me. Even though there are four powerful male actors in the film, I am not intimidated by their presence. In fact I am looking forward to working with them," she said.

Also: JIMMY SHERGILL! He is showing up everywhere these days and I love it!

* Aishwarya Rai may be heading back to work soon. She's scored a new endorsement deal and is apparently thinking about signing a South film.

* Arjun Rampal joins Mahi Gill and Prakash Raaj for Ram Charan Teja's Zanjeer remake. He'll be playing the role Pran played in the original. I wonder if they'll keep the qawwali... I kind of hope so, actually. I think Arjun can do it. He's improved so much since he first started acting and was quite good in the last thing I saw him in, which was Raajneeti.

PRODUCERS, I REALLY WANT TO LIKE THIS SO PLEASE DON'T CAST PRIYANKA.

* Will Fardeen Khan finally launch that Quarbani remake he's been threatening?

* I'm sure many of you think my growing obsession with Remo D'Souza's 3D dance movie ABCD is misguided but think about it. It stars PRABHUDEVA and is going to feature a guest appearance from MITHUN CHAKRABORTY. Okay? Now if only I knew that I was going to get to see it in 3D...

Dear Remo D'Souza,

Please, please fly me out for the premiere so I can watch PRABHUDEVA DANCE IN 3D!

Sincerely,

ABCD's Biggest Fan

* Everybody on the sets of Krrish 3 loses 100 kg. No, just kidding! The real scoop today is that the film won't be kid-friendly. Sounds okay with me!

* Catch up with RDB - that's Rhythm Dhol Bass!

“We met Public Enemy when we both played a show at the Millennium Dome. We ended up on stage together which was a great experience. Ludacris was happy to rap on our track which was cool. He just got on with it and did his thing,” he says.

I'm a huge fan of RDB. Hip hop + bhangra = music to my ears.

* One more entry for the douche Olympics... Abhijeet.

Abhijeet is one of the very few in the industry who is vocal against the import of cross-border musical talent. Addressing this exchange as totally one-sided that leaves Indian artists jobless, he calls those in favour of Pakistani musicians hypocrites.



Akshay Kumar goes on Dance India Dance, gives Mithun a big hug, and talks about Rowdy Rathore. Akshay REALLY hates doing press, doesn't he... What an adorably awkward turtle he is.

6 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

Isn't ABCD the Moulin Rouge remake that Remo is making with Madhuri and Prabhu Deva? I saw something about that on Zoom yesterday. Apparently Mads is even going to be doing her own singing.

Filmi Girl said...

Is it?! I assumed they were two different projects but if it is... maybe we WILL get it here in the US!!! Prabhudeva's name might not sell but Mads' would.

Bombay Talkies said...

That's what it sounds like from this--

http://businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=20426

dishoomdishoom said...

Well as for Abhijeet, its not as one sided as he puts it. First, Bollywood has global pretensions. Whilst he wouldnt talk about Kylie Minogue taking away Indian jobs, im sure there is something a bit more problematic with Pakistani singers.

Also given the business Bollywood does in Pakistan, Bollywood would eventually add in more Pakistani talent.

Also, Abhijeet should know that Indian singers have been singing for Pakistani films since....umm... late 90s or so! Sonu Nigham, Kavita, Asha Bhosle all have sung for Pakistani movies. One of my MOST favourite Pakistani movie songs of the recent times is sung by Shreya Ghoshal! There have been Pakistani movies that were completely shot on soundstages in Mumbai.

Bah!

Filmi Girl said...

@dishoomdishoom So, in other words, you think Abhijeet has a pretty good chance at placing in the Douche Olympics?

He'll have some tough competition with Madhur Bandar-car in the running but more quotes like that and he might just win this thing!

Shuchi said...

Is Arjun Rampal making a career out of playing Pran in remakes? First Jasjit (Don), now Sher Khan. He's too bland to fit into Pran's shoes IMO...his looks don't hurt though.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl