Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Gossip!

Do you attend Yale University? Shahrukh Khan will be speaking there on April 12th.

AND ONTO TODAY'S EXCITING GOSSIP!



* Leaving aside the fact that this article confuses Tamil films with "Bollywood," it seems that Indian movies are picking up steam in Korea. (Forget the West, producers, look East!!)

Meanwhile, director Vijay Amand. L's touching drama "God's Own Child" inevitably reminds one of the 2001 American film "I Am Sam," which starred Sean Penn and Dakota Fanning. Slated to open in theatres April 19, the film tells the story of an intellectually challenged man who fights for the custody of his seven-year-old daughter. The film was featured at last year's BIFF, and received positive response from the audiences in Busan.

That would be the Vikram starrer Deiva Thirumagal. I hope it does well! GOOD LUCK IN KOREA, VIKRAM!

* Okay, you guys know that I don't put much stock in "link-up" rumors and that I don't care too much about who is feuding with whom BUT in case you haven't picked up on it, there has been some extremely juicy Priyanka Chopra VS Team Gauri Khan that's been brewing over the last few months. Priyanka is essentially out of work once Krrish 3 wraps up and nobody wants to hire her on for anything more. Why? Who knows. The rumor is that Gauri is icing her out after the rumors of an SRK-Piggy link up last fall during the Don 2 fuss and that Gauri got all the star wives to do the same.

So, where that leads us today is that Priyanka's "friends" aka her PR team placed this story in the Mumbai Mirror that trashed Karan Johar for sticking with Team Gauri. AND THEN Karan lashes out with this gem.

"Using their hired PR machinery and hiding behind so called "friends" to get news into tabloids is nothing but spineless and lame!!! Some people need to wake up and smell the KOFFEE!!! Get a reality check before its too late!!! Grow up!!! and dont mess with goodness...."

Uh-oh, Piggy... looks like your bubble is about to get burst. I have to say that as much as I disapprove of Gauri's bullying, I will not be sorry to see Priyanka ushered out of the business. She's a terrible actress.

* And as long as I'm really gossiping... ARE PRATEIK BABBAR AND AMY JACKSON REALLY MARRIED?

* And one more piece of news I don't particularly care about - Katy Perry (who I loathe) performed at the IPL opening ceremonies and farted out this video to celebrate. Yes, it's a "Bollywood" remix of "California Gurls" that incorporates copious sitar and video clips from like 5 different Shahrukh Khan starrers along with Mads in Aaja Nachle. While the remix itself is crap, what bothers me more is the out-of-context presentation of all these actresses as generic "Bollywood Gurls."

Who said orientalism was dead?

* Sigh. I know Manisha put on a few pounds recently but I wouldn't call her "grossly overweight." This isn't Boney Kapoor we're talking about. Anyways, the point of the article is that Ram Gopal Verma is giving her a role. Does this mean I'll break my self-imposed RGV ban to support Manisha? (A: Probably, yes.)

* Hey, look! IT'S Q and his new movie is in the news!

Tinu plays the Oracle, Patralekha, in the movie and says her first movie is priceless to her. Tinu doesn’t have any prior acting experience. Still she was called for an audition in June last year, while she was in Goa, for The Land of Cards (Tasher Desh), which is a film adaptation of a very popular play by Rabindranath Tagore.

* Salman Khan has been roped into doing a cameo for Preity Zinta's Ishkq in Paris. Does this mean I can start referring to it as Madame Zinta et moi?

* Who is ready for Yamla Pagla Deewana 2?

* I'm not a Kannadiga but I'm proud of Kiccha Sudeep, too! I don't know why I get so excited to see Sandalwood actors and actresses making a name for themselves but there you go...



OH YEAH, BABY! Racha opens this weekend! Have you been missing Cherry on your movie screens? I know I have...



And who is up for some limp-dick comedy from Tusshar and Ritesh? Well, here's Kya Super Kool Hai Hum to satisfy that need!

Blah. There was some article going around about how Ritiesh was leaving the country after this... yeah. I would, too. RITEISH! Why are you doing this to me?! Are you really not getting better offers or was this a favor to Tusshar's home production?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

As much as I dislike PC, I find it really harsh the way she rejected by the industry. If something really happened with Srk, then why isn't he blamed equally! It takes two to tango right? I guess it's just another example of how discriminated women are in this industry....
But then she shouldn't have made "her friends" talk...

CoffeeQueen said...

Who is ready for Yamla Pagla Deewana 2?


I am! I am!

Thelondongirl said...

Priyanka isnt married, so she shouldn't be the one getting the cold shoulder, if the alleged rumors are true then deal with SRK and his trifling ass not her, its a shame Gauri doesn't see she is playing into the hands of bollywood misogyny. i know you hate PC but i love her, I hope her career isnt over, over some irrelevant BS

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl