Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday Gossip!

Are you in San Diego? You're going to want to check out the San Diego Asian Film Festival! Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is going to be screened - that's a film so good, I would definitely go see it again on the big screen! Those lush visuals are really something else... (Hurry and announce your next film, Zoya!)

I'm glad everybody enjoyed my travels through Google's suggested search results! I have a few more to add... maybe I'll put those up tonight. Kangana Ranaut's were particularly amusing.

Now! Today in gossip... The douche olympics! Casting news! And some song promos!



* Amitabh Bachchan is feeling poorly but tells everybody not to worry.

* Housefull 3, baby!

Although, was this really necessary, lady who wrote the article...

Sunil Punjabi, CEO, Cinemax India Ltd, adds that the film has had a mixed response from audiences. He says, “The comedy is working in all markets and many shows over the weekend were houseful. We also see a higher share of family audiences coming in, especially since schools are closed for the summer. Overall occupancy over the weekend has been 70-80 per cent.”

What mixed response? He just said the film was working in all markets. If that is a "mixed response" then I bet every filmmaker out there wants a mixed response to their next films.

(And Chunky Pandey explains that Akhri Pasta is epitome of Sajid Khan's sense of humor. No wonder I like Sajid Khan's films so much!)

* Sajid-Wajid are filing a suit against Abhijeet in response to claims that they plagiarized a song from his album.

* Madhuri Dixit has officially announced that she IS going to be starring in Ishqiya sequel Dedh Ishq and in a remake of Moulin Rouge.

* An interview with Vidhu Vinod Chopra.

I’ll tell you one thing. I saw Parinda in 5.1 digital sound. There is only one extremely stupid thing in the film. There is the song in the end that Anil (Kapoor) and Jackie (Shroff) sing. Apart from that silly mistake, most of it for me was as good as 25 years ago. The film has not aged.

Aw... I thought that song fit really well into the film but, yes, Parinda is still as mind blowing today as it was when it was made.

* An interview with Kajol.

You’re asking me something that has no statistic or research to back it up. I can’t stand on a podium and beat my chest saying I’m the best. I just think I’ve been the luckiest of all. Yes, I’m talented. The movies that I’ve chosen and the way they’ve fared have also helped. I’ve always done films I would love to watch. I have stayed away from films which I thought were depressing.

* Somehow, after all these years, the sheer egoism of Madhur Bhandarkar continues to amaze. Does anybody besides Madhur really think that he's the victim in all this?

* Maybe he and Anubhav Sinha can compete in some kind of douche olympics.

* Mahi Gill for Bindu's role in the Zanjeer remake. EXCELLENT CHOICE, producers. Maybe I'm just flattering myself (or Mahi) but I can't help but feel that people who sign on talent like Mahi Gill can't possibly be taking names like Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone seriously for the heroine role. At the very least, we're talking two actresses who do not have rosy looking box office receipts for the last few years.

* Not surprisingly the Ghayal sequel isn't finding much financial backing.

* The fight to save Dilip Kumar's ancestral home is on.

* Tsk tsk! Shahrukh Khan in trouble for smoking at a cricket match.

Song promo for Tezz...



Did I already mention how much better this movie looked when the only people in the trailer were Ajay Devgn and Anil Kapoor? If only the person editing the trailers was going to be the same person editing the film... I just have a feeling it's going to be too flabby to be an effective thriller.

Plus there is the whole Zayed Khan factor.



Another gorgeous promo for Ishaqzaade. My expectations are really building for this one...

5 comments:

maxqnz said...

Wow, that Kajol interview is truly awesome! As much as I like Bebo for being herself, I can't ever see her being as honest and realistic in an interview. I like how Kajol didn't come across as trying on the mock humility, self-deprecating thing, she just sounded like she had a clear-eyed view of the industry and her place in it. Thanks so much for the link!

Nerdypanda said...

Yay, another song from Ishqzzade. I am seriously obsessed. Hope it lives up to my expectations. bTW, I loved kajal's interview. She's so fun.

Sal said...

Priyanka had two 100-crore-plus hits in the last two years. I'd say that's pretty solid, no? As you probably know by now, I'm not a fan, but her career isn't going down the pooper anytime soon.

Sal said...

p.s. The Ishaqzaade soundrack is ridiculously good. Amit Trivedi is a genius!

rachael said...

I like Main Hoon Na as much as the next person, but I'm always genuinely confused by Zayed Khan's continued existence in 2012

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl