Zayed Khan must be a proud man for all the Parkour stunts that have been credited to him, thanks to the stunt double.
* I didn't this! Parineeti Chopra ended up in Bollywood because she couldn't find a job with her management degree.
* This is a terrible idea - Muqaddar Ka Sikandar remake. This was such a film of its time...
* I had a little fun at Sanjay's expense yesterday but, to be fair, part of the silliness was the fault of the journalists "writing" those lazy articles. Here is what a more thoughtful writer can do with the same Sanjay interview:
About his last role as Kancha Cheena in the remake of Agneepath, Sanjay says, “It was such a difficult decision to accept the role of Kancha. I have played a bad guy before, but this guy was something else. He was ruthless and eccentric. It took me months to convince myself and I tip my hat to director Karan Malhotra who portrayed Kancha as the hero of the film. Even Hrithik, who is such a successful star of today, had no airs about him and went with the director's flow.”
* See, a slow news day means I go digging and find gems like this. Is Gautham Menon going to try to take his next film international?! That's the conclusion Behindwoods gets from Vijay's character's name.
The ace director has a theory. Yohan is one of the most used names in the world. He believes that, with this title he will have a wider reach for his film. From what we understand, he is probably trying to take this film international. The film is expected to go on floor from May.
I'm not the only one digging today, it seems.
* Will Vikram's next film light the box office on fire? It seems our Chiyyan Vikram needs a hit!
Prod Vikram about the theme of Thaandavam and he tells us that it is a complete action entertainer with Jagapathi Babu and him playing cops. We understand that Vikram has worked out differently on his looks this time to ensure that it will not remind the viewers of his looks from any of his previous films. The film boasts of two heroines — Anushka and Amy Jackson — but we are informed that that the plot isn’t a triangular tale of love.
Sounds like that would do it... I'll be in line for tickets!
* This was kind of interesting... Kannada films competing for the banner theaters.
The industry has this unique tradition of releasing films in one ‘main theatre’. This theatre has to be one of the many in the Gandhinagar area, preferably on Kempe Gowda road. There are examples of producers waiting for weeks, if not months, to release their films if they do not get a ‘slot’ in Gandhinagar though they have managed to book 100 other theatres across the state.
Bips, Helen, and Mithun on Dance India Dance doing Jodi Breakers promotions... just because. My favorite moment is about 7:33 when you can see Helen just busting a gut in the background. She seems like SUCH a wonderful lady!