Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Gossip!

Are you in Los Angeles? Get your tickets for the Indian Film Festival!!

And if you happen to get a chance to see Chittagong in it's WORLD PREMIERE be sure to let me know how it is, since one of Filmi Girl Blog's friends Alexx O'Nell is playing an officer in it. Other films of interest (to me) are Paan Tomar Singh and Black Friday but non-me types might also enjoy Agent Vinod, Delhi Belly, and Udaan.



* See, this is why I hate April Fool's Day. Apparently, a radio station in Bangalore had been reporting that Katrina Kaif, Bipasha Basu, and Priyanka Chopra were going to be appearing and... well...

Fans from Bengaluru, Tumkur and Mysore started gathering atop the hills as early as 3 am on Sunday and they waited on the road in their vehicles for the gates to open. When the gates were opened at 6 am, the horticulture officials who take care of hill top were surprised to see large crowd in the early morning. But their excitement withered after the horticulture officials clarified that no such descending of any stars is happening without their notice.

Really, it's just not all that funny to go around fooling people.

* Did the Golden Kelas just use my voting sheet to determine their answers or what?! The results please me.

While Imran won the worst actor for his performance in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Deepika was named the worst actress for her role in Aarakshan. Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One was named the worst film while its helmer Anubhav Sinha won the worst director Golden Kela award this evening.

No word on whether Dippy showed up to receive her award in person...

* Pardon me while I laugh my butt off for a few minutes. I can't tell if this article is telling me that Neil Nitin Mukesh is playing the Hindi version of a character that will be played by VIKRAM in the Tamil version or if Neil will be just be starring alongside Vikram but either way... dude. I know Neil thinks highly of himself but even good actors would look ridiculous trying to outshine India's greatest working actor. Did he not see Abhishek FLOP OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET in Raavan while Vikram sailed to international critical acclaim in Raavanan?

Although I would have preferred Vivek Oberoi in the role, maybe Vivek was smart to drop out. He knows that Vikram would make everybody else look like first graders in a class play about the importance of proper diet.

* After Kahaani, I knew I wanted to being tracking Nawazuddin Siddiqui's career. After this hilarious quote, I'm going to be tracking his interviews, as well.

What boggles my mind is that even after delivering dud after dud some stars are given obscene amounts of money. I wonder why Prateik would charge Rs. 1cr for a film!

Yes, why DOES Prateik charge that much for a film? It's not his box office receipts demand it... best case scenario is that Prateik ends up like Neil Nitin Mukesh, hanging on to bold-face name status while never starring in anything ever that he hasn't produced himself.

* Sajid-Wajid are facing plagiarism charges for their "Do U Know" from Housefull 2.

* And Holy Copright, Batman! Saifu and the Agent Vinod team are going to have to pay out the nose for using old songs without permission. Somebody who saw the film will have to tell me if there was a lot of old music in it.

* Speaking of Old Plastic Face, he's hinting that he'll be playing a spy from Bhopal in some as yet unnamed film.

* Would I tune in to watch Mallika Sherawat's reality show about her life? Probably. Probably, yes, I would.

* The Times of India is reporting that it's Sonakshi Sinha for Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2 but who knows how true it is...

* Nana Patekar signs an endorsement deal. And, really, who can blame the guy. He probably has bills to pay.



Here is one of the songs from 3!!! I've seriously been looping this soundtrack nonstop since I saw the film...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I watched both Raavan and Raavavan, and I must say Abhishek wasn't bad. He and Vikram gave very different interpretations. Abhishek's Beera was a little more crazy and unstable I would say, and I think that's why he didn't connect with the audience... And what I found funny too, is that I prefered Prithviraj in Dev rather than Vikram... hehehe!
So yes Raavanan was nicer to watch because Vikram played a more sympathetic Veera...
But of course it's only my opinion...^^

Tady said...

Yes! Agent vinod used a lot of old songs ... but mostly for background sounds ... like that "You Dirty Boy" bit from Dostana.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl