Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Gossip!!

First of all, sorry about yesterday, guys!! I woke up to find that our power had gone out! So, no news gathering for me yesterday.

Now, let's play catch-up!

GABBAR SINGH on May 9th! Woo! I need some more masala in my life after all the soggy romantic-comedies from the last couple of months. It seems like years since I saw Vettai.

Paan Singh Tomar is said to have done well at the box office... I'm so sad we didn't get it here but from what I understand it wasn't set in the UK or US, didn't feature a starlet or have an item song, and Irrfan Khan and Tigermanshu Dulia didn't spend three months talking about how it was going to be on par with Woody Allen and Hollywood, so I guess the film studio didn't know what to make of it.

I should also add that it looks like Shiney Ahuja's Ghost was just "officially" released on youtube, which means I have another victim for Box Office Poison! I can't wait!



* Some sad news, Joy Mukherjee is in hospital.

* An interesting little tidbit at the intersection of film and politics. Gul Panag and Shayam Benegal pull out of a film contest sponsored by British mining company Vedanta Resources. (Maybe they finally saw Urumi?)

* Meet the original AGENT VINOD!

* While Mr. New Agent Vinod isn't finished with Punch Gate just yet.

* Leaving aside why anybody would ask Taran Adarsh his opinion on anything, here's a little piece on how there are no Holi songs in films anymore.

Director and writer Tanuja Chandra said, "Since a large number of movies these days are about urban affluent people and many are situated abroad, Holi doesn't figure high in the scheme of things. Only in small-town stories does Holi have significance."

* Cannes is bending the rules for Kamal Hasaan's Vishwaroop.

* Anil Kapoor wants to make a woman centric film.

* Hrithik Roshan is taking time off after Krrish 3 - and well deserved, too. He puts his heart into his films.

* Meanwhile, Sanjay Dutt has raised his price after Agneepath... because he thinks nobody remembers his other films from last year?

* Ranbir's world tour is off again.

* Bipasha Basu is putting distance between her and Madhavan after Jodi Breakers but by all accounts, their jodi was the best part of the film.

* Tusshar Kapoor needs to give up on playing traditional romantic leads. There is not ONE PERSON out there who wants to see him romancing anybody female.

* Mohanlal charged a crore for his cameo in Tezz. Will it be worth it?

* Katrina talks Ek Tha Tiger. (And Sallu wants to make more changes to the script.)

Also, she was apparently paid a crore to walk the ramps at a fashion show in Kochi.

* Nargis Fakhri is not doing a film opposite Arjun Rampal. Thank god. Arjun has only recently begun to really perform well but he still needs a strong co-star. Nargis is not that.

* But it looks like that Sonam Kapoor movie wasn't a rumor after all and she'll be starring opposite Dhanush.

* Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali sign on Ranveer Singh?

* Priyanka Chopra to release her single in the summer? Get ready for the wave of 'meh' to sweep across the Western world!

* Sonakshi Sinha zings pouty actresses - we're all thinking Sonam, right?

During a recent interview, the Dabangg actress was asked about the best compliment someone could give her and here’s what she said, ‘That I can act because that’s what I’m here to do. Not here to flaunt my branded clothes, bat my eyelids, pose and pout.’

* Amy Jackson is headed to Texas to judge Miss Teen World! Congratulations, Amy!

* Not Bollywood related but interesting - Miss Pakistan will be crowned in India.

The journey for prospective beauty queens in Pakistan has always been marred with controversy, given that it is a state where pageantry is still a new concept. In the past, Ahmed admitted to having faced tough resistance from the public, the government and the embassy (going as far as to state that the Pakistani government deliberately blocked visas of contestants who were to travel to Japan for the contest).

* I think that this was going around earlier - Tabu to do an item song for Maximum.

* And there will be THREE item girls for Rowdy Rathore, including my favorite MUMAITH KHAN!

* Congratulations to Akshay Kumar and wife Twinkle Khanna, who is going to have a baby! (Related: Akshay gave this amazing quote:

'If we are not attending events together, that does not mean that we are heading to splits Ville. We are family, not function attending addicts'.

HA HA HA! I love Akshay.)

And in Akshay news for me - he's starring in an A.R. Murugadoss film. Because my prayers have been answered. I deserve this! AFTER A MONTH AND A HALF OF ROM-COMS, I DESERVE THIS!

* We all have our weaknesses - dance is mine. I'm very much looking forward to Remo D'Souza's ANYBODY CAN DANCE!. It's going to be in 3D. 3D!!!!!



Admire Sonakshi! ADMIRE HER! Yes, it's Lakme Fashion Week and I did see a couple nice round-ups of fashion which I will link to later.



New song promo for Blood Money!

2 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

You left this gem of a line by Juggy Tuteja in the latest Salman Khan battling someone on Bollywood Hungama today: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1420022

"On the other hand, with Deepika returning to Race 2, the film has regained its star value."

that line just cracked me up... as well as Arjun Rampal acting did hehehe
For me he's firmly in the John Abraham is president of the Himbo club

pixel pitz said...

I'd really like to see PST again. We had the premiere at SAIFF in 2010 but man alive it was not good. I sat on the side of the theater with Sudhish Kamath (who was there as a filmmaker so I had no idea he was a film critic) and we just giggled through the whole thing (quietly though, as Mr. Khan was only a few rows back). The biggest problem with the movie was the music. Every. Single. Time there was an emotional moment or speech the cheesey orchestral swelling was overwhelming. Sudhish says they completely redid the music and tightened everything up so I'm so curious to see it again and am pleased they managed to salvage it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl