Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Gossip!

Okay! It's Monday again! Welcome back from the weekend, everybody!

So... yes, I skipped out on Agent Vinod. We were discussing the film a bit on Twitter and it just seemed like it wouldn't be worth the time and money for me to go see it. Perhaps it was just Agent Vinod's bad luck to come out the same weekend as The Hunger Games, which I saw on Friday and loved but I couldn't motivate myself to go sit for three hours to watch Saif Ali Khan run around Morocco in a tuxedo. Generic thrillers do nothing for me.

If it had actually been a Sriram Raghavan film maybe I would have been more willing to put down my money but...

At least Saif's face seems to have finally settled into something more human. Why actors and actresses always seem to want to mess with their faces is beyond me... it doesn't make you look younger, it just makes you look like you have money.

Anyways, today in gossip - IMPORTANT BIKINI INFORMATION and some other stuff like The Dirty Picture getting remade in South. Hold onto your hats...!



* Whoa... this could be amazing or really terrible - Kannada remake of The Dirty Picture is apparently in the works. And the actress looking at the script is Nikita, the "other woman" in this very sad real life drama.

* Also in Vidya-related news, the Mona Lisa guest house is now a tourist spot!

* Interesting (but poorly formatted) interview with Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty.

“The problem with Ra.One is the problem of Bollywood. Lack of planning. A 100 crore budget is possible in Bollywood. Not in, say, the Tamil movie industry. So how come Shankar pulls of a Robot? It takes serious planning, thought and writing.”

I feel like this is missing some quotation marks but it's how the original piece is.

* Neither I nor Akshay Kumar think Sajid Khan should change his style.

"I think Sajid should not improve. He should be like the way he is. He works with his instinct and doesn't follow the script as it is. Comedy is what instantly comes to Sajid's mind. He can make you laugh 24 hours. He is not tech savvy and tweaks the dialogues on the spur of the moment."

* It's Manoj Bajpai, everybody! And he's sassy!

Ram Gopal Varma gave you the biggest break of your career in "Satya". Yet you continue to be miffed with him.

Wrong! Shekhar Kapur gave me the biggest break with Bandit Queen and then I did Mahesh Bhatt's Tamanna. Ramu gave me good films too, but I had some bitter personal experiences with him which disappointed me. I lost a lot in the process and there's nothing more left to say about what happened then. Today we are in a space where we can talk and might some day even work together.

The whole interview is peppered with exclamation points. I recommend checking it out!

* Javed-Akhtar not too keen on the Zanjeer remake.

* Look, Tusshar, it's not going to happen so stop pushing yourself as some sort of leading man with the six-packs and everything. Concentrate on what has worked for you - comedy and doing what Ekta tells you to.

* This quote of Bipasha's has been making the rounds.

"There are a lot of people who I want to work with. But I really want to work with Shah Rukh. I hope it happens soon. It is my biggest regret so far that I have not been able to pair with him in any film in the last 10 years of my career."

I think it will make more sense once you read my post on Bips for Bollywood 101, which should be up either later today or tomorrow.

* I'm not sure why Sharat Saxena has been all over the news lately but I'm not complaining. He gives great tidbits.

We jokingly ask does he feel awkward being beaten up by guys half his own size? He says with precision, "No, you have to be totally professional at the sets. Action sequences are serious business and you just can't afford to hurt the hero."

* Simbu is getting married... once he finds a girl! Hee! Only in Indian cinema to we read these types of stories... Well, Mr. Osthi shouldn't have any trouble finding a young lady to settle down with.

I could have just linked to one of the many write-ups on this but... it's funnier to see it in video form.



OBVIOUSLY THE BIGGEST STORY OF THE DAY! AMMIRITE?! Ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

Noo! Surely the bigger story is that Giselle Monteiro will wear a bikini, albeit in some unspecified film, "if the role demands it." :)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-will-wear-a-bikini-Giselle-Monteiro/articleshow/12391575.cms

Chrism929 said...

You really nailed it here:

Why actors and actresses always seem to want to mess with their faces is beyond me... it doesn't make you look younger, it just makes you look like you have money.

And, I'd add, a strange set of priorities in life. True of anyone who does that, not just actors. (And this is coming from someone who's had severe facial injuries, and chose to live with what's real anyway.)

duke said...

FG u shd watch AV, dont go by the jokers, wannabe critics/filmbuffs on twitter. Dime a dozen.. If you liked Alladin you will love AV. It is definitely NOT HOLLYWOOD. Its SAIF's movie but Raghavan has his moments

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl